cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category B & D, how SRM decides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we create SC and PO goes to backend. It goes with one item category. Which are 3:

1) Standard orders: Nil

2) Limit orders: B

3) Service Orders: D

I want to know how SRM discriminate between B & D. I know that if you choose items from catalogs it goes as standard orders. Means, on what parameter it is decided that the item in SC will take category B or D in R/3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

D is service items : item category is a field in the SC structure.

If you select item from catalogue, it can be a service or an item and the OCI (open catalogue interface between catalogue and SRM) will transfer the correct information on wether it is a service or a good.

If non catalogue item (describe requirement) :

there is a radio button to select manually service or good

If this is a replicated material or service (from R/3 to SRM), the item contains the inforation (see transaction commpr01).

For limit items, there is a special transaction and item category B is default one.

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the solution ....

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What was ythe resoulution to this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

I am creating SC by creating limit item. I am choosing "Invoice only option" because when I choose "Confirmation & Invoice" option it says " Please choose INVOICE OPTION" (I don't know why?? I need ans for this as well.). Product category can be anything. After clicking on add to shop. This item is shown as LIMIT item in SC but when I order it and checks in R/3 it is in D item catgory (Means services) and it needs GR and Invoice both but as per SC it should only allow invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is peculiar. Here we have restricted the item category field in SRM. When I am going to create the limit order, SC shows the item as LIMIT item only but in the backend it is going into item category D (Service items). I want it to go into item category B (Limit items).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

For limit items, the item category is determined by product type and follow-on document options. For product type 2 (services) if you select 'invoice only', then system treats as a limit item. But if you select 'Confirmation and inovice required' then system assumes that is a three-way match for an unplanned service and create it as a service item.

Hope this answers your question!

Regards, Rajesh