Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Help

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I install and maintain SCM 5.0 without SOLMAN instance? If yes/no why? Please reply. Points gauranteed.

--Ragu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu,

Yes, you can install the SCM 5.0 without SolMan instance. You need Sol Man only to generate the Key for installation.

I have installed the SCM 5.0 using NW2004s. The livecache was issue in there... but apart from that Event Management works pretty well.

Regards,

Abhijeet

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhijeet,

I know we need to have key generated from SOLMAN.

How did you install your SCM 5.0 using NW2004s?

What was the issue you faced with livecache?

Please revert back ath the earliest. Points gauranteed.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had ordered for the CD's for SCM 5.0. With the SCM 5.0, the installables are for WAS 7.0. and if you install the Java Stack along with the ABAP it will install the J2EE engine of NW2004s.

Abhijeet

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to ask but are you Sure? Everyone says we require SOLMAN for generating KEY. Do we need to order for WAS7.0 Separately or it comes in SAME SCM DVD?

What was the problem that you faced with Livecache?

Please help.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Yes, we require Solution Manager to generate the key. But if you already have this in your landscape you can generate the key in that system itself.

2) We dont need to order it separately you get it along with the SCM 5.0 installables

3) For livecahce we didnt get the LIVECACHE installation link in the SAPInst under SCM 5.0. So we could not install the LiveCache.

Abhijeet