cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping IDoc-2-EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to configure a mapping from DELVRY03(DESADV) to AVIEXP (Odette).

I just want to ask some of the experts, if there are any templates for this mapping.

Or is there some misunderstanding in my point of view because i was also thinking to use the Conversion Agent to do this mapping!?

Can someone help?!

best regards, Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>Or is there some misunderstanding in my point of view because i was also thinking to use the Conversion Agent to do this mapping!?

use need to use some conversion tool:

you can check if Conversion Agent has your EDI standard inside

(you can download it and check youself for free)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

thx for the response. Is there no other way for doing this because the conversion agent hasn't got this kind of library for the Odette-Format and is also coming with some liscense fee.

So i have to do the mapping by myself or is there any given XML-Schemata for some general EDI-formats which i can adapt?

btw: nice guide/book for the IDoc-Scenarios, just received it yesterday

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jens,

Either use Conversion Agent or SeeBurger EDI adapters.

I dont think there is any other way to do this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Did u find a way to do it without the conversion agents ?

Let me know

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well yes and no.

We will have a workshop with Seeburger to check out how their adapters are working!

On the other side would be the conversion agent but we are not sure to use it because it will have some license cost....

br Jens

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

They both will have license fees.

You could probably go through a lot of pain and use the file adapter with content conversion to create output that looks like EDI. I wouldn't want to do it, and I really wouldn't want to follow behind someone else that has done this and have to fix or modify it.

What is wrong with license fees? Software companies need to make a living too.