cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to do a BPM / Synch-Asynch bridge ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDNers,

I have a scenario where a synchronous SOAP HTTP message will come in with data. Following steps are needed.

1) Call a stored procedure to authenticate on a DB2 database. Possible JDBC adapter.

1a) If authentication fails need to respond with error code in the SOAP-MSG and end.

2) Call another stored procedure to post the data to temporary table and get back a unique ID.

3) Return the response and unique ID to the SOAP-MSG.

Can you please let me know -

a) If I will need to create a BPM for this scenario. If not how ?

b) If BPM is needed - will I need a Synch-Asynch bridge although I have all synchronous communication throughout the process. All the stored procedures to DB2 database are intended to be synchronous JDBC receivers.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Charu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must to use the BPM for this scenario, for the reason of complicated error managment and multiple steps.

You shoud avoid to use the S/A bridge.

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now built the scenario.

Venkat correctly pointed out that in receive step you can only give a Asynchronous, abstract interface. You cannot give a sync, abstract interface.

Therefore only way for us was to have a BPM and open the S/A bridge.

One tip for improving performance is try to do as much mapping as possible in the Interface Mappings and reduce the transform steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandro, Sudheer, Shweta and Venkat for your inputs.

It certainly looks like there is no way other than BPM even though I have synchronous scenarios - espacially because of the authentication step.

In case some of you are wondering why is not the authentication step and the subsequent step merged -The authentication are maintained in a separate system and hence a separate call is needed.

Venkat - I will check out on the Synch/Asynch bridge.

All - you have more inputs then please share your views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

I think you need a Sync/Async bridge for this scenario.

In receive step you can only give a Async, abstract interface. You cannot give a sync, abstract interface.

Steps are:

1. open sync/async bridge.

2. send it synchronously to JDBC

3. Do required stuff with JDBC response and other steps.

4. Finally close the sync/async bridge that will send the response back to original sync caller.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BPM for this scenario but not sync/async..

In that BPM check for your condition in stored procedure and depending on that condition route the message to SOAP( If authentication fails ).

And then use another synchronous send step in BPM to call another stored procedure and then send this response to the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use BPM for his scenario. As you said all the systems are synchronous ones in the scenario then no need to have synch-asynch bridge.

Regards,

Sudheer.