cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could some one tell me where I can monitor the IDOC Comm channels to see that they are working.... I know you have the adapter monitoring but the IDOC adapter is on the ABAP stack isn't it....

So is there an equivalent transaction in the ABAP stack which enables you to monitor IDOC comm channels/adapters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh thank you for your help..... I will award you the full 10 points for all your help... but first could you please just onfirm that by doing IDX2 it proves that the comm channel works and hence it means that if I have an error then it must be in the mapping and/or receiver determination etc.... SO I can rule out the adapters as being a problem?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

Points never matter!!

For the Idoc adapter you need to understand that the working of the RFC destination is the most essential part and then the user should have the authorization to pull idoc metadata.

If you use SM59 --> test connection you can confirm RFC destinations working and by pulling idoc metadata you can confirm Authorization.

Final step would be to enusre the values entered in the idoc adapter are ofcourse correct and exist !

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK excellent... I think I understand now :-)..... I know what your saying about points but I like to show my appreciation for help :-).

OK No doubt I will be back soon with more questions but for now thank you very much ......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you possible give me a step by step guide to doing a manual load in IDX2 so I can test that the IDOC works?

In IDX2 do I need some source xml to input?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

No need of Source XML. or anything of that sort.

Go to Idx2--> Drill down to your port and delete the existing Idoc metadata.

Next, click on the NEW button, give your portname and the Idoc type whose metadata you want to load.

If connection and authorization are inplace, you will get the message Loaded Successfully or something of that sort.Just remember you need to delete the meta data before you try to load it again.

Internally, the Port you give uses the RFC destination created in SM 59 and pulls the Idoc metadata from the R3 system itself.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

Got to<b> IDX2.</b>

Meta Data->Create

Enter:

1) Idoc to be imported from R/3 System

2) Port which you created in tcode: IDX1 pointing to R/3 system from which you are going to import IDOC.

For port Creation: Tcode: <b>IDX1</b>.

Port->New

Enter these Details:

<b>Port:</b> Give some name for Port that you will use in IDX2

<b>Client:</b> For reference give Client

<b>Description:</b> Description

<b>RFC Destination :</b> RFC Destination(SM59 - Type R3 ) defined in XI pointing to R/3 system.

I hope that will help.

Cheers,

Vijay Raheja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im a little confused... If I do IDX5 in XI then I will see outbound IDOC in Incoming IDOCs.... But when the message leaves XI through an adapter is is an XML message and is only converted in the dapter right???

So then surely IDX5 should be performed in the Application System to see if there is any incoming IDOCs.... Whicstiol remains how do you see the health of the IDOC Adapter? (whether ir is working or not)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

><i>But when the message leaves XI through an adapter is is an XML message and is only converted in the dapter right???</i>

yes, but you will not be able to see the conversion happen in IDX5. You can only see the XML message.

The Idoc adapter configuration has an RFC destination ( which you create in SM59 in XI ) . this is the means in which the idoc is sent from XI to the R3 system.

To see the status / health of your Idoc adapter, a test connection of the RFC destination in SM59 and a manual load of the Idoc meta data in IDX2 would do the trick.

AFAIK one cannot see the XML message converted into the standrd idoc fromat into XI in any of the montiroing screens. The XML message itself should be enough as the Idoc adapter checks for the Metdata stored in IDX2 with your Idoc XML to check for its validity and only if valid sends it out of the Integration Engine to the R3 system..

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether the idoc is going in or out of XI idx5 is to be executed in XI.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys one more thing... This shows IDOCs coming in and out of the system right? SO in order to see if an IDOC is successful then I need to do IDX5 in the application system and not on XI is that right?

So there is nothing in XI that says green light or Red light like in the adapter Monitor? Just to say when the last time the comm channel processed something and if it was successful?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the WE05 and the SM58 in the back-end in oder to make this monitoring.

Regards

Sandro

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

><i>SO in order to see if an IDOC is successful then I need to do IDX5 in the application system and not on XI is that right?</i>

To see IDOC's coming into and going out from XI you use Transaction IDX5 in XI .

To see the inbound and outbound idoc in the R3 system you use We02 and We05 in the R3 system.

IDX5 in XI will allow you to see if the idoc processing is successful. If it is successful you will see a chequrered flag in XI . If it is not successful you will see a red flag with the error message in XI.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

IDX5 should be used in XI and at the same time you can use we05 in the backend system.

Regards,

sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys I will use this now

Former Member
0 Kudos

The IDX5 is what is more close to the adapter-monitor, even if is differente from those on JAVA adapter engine part.

Regards,

Sandro

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

IDX5 is the transaction to monitor IDoc adapter.

You will see an entry for every Idoc coming into Xi and every idoc going out of XI.

Double clicking on the same will in turn lead you to your message in SXMB_MONI.

IDX2 --> is used to pull Idoc metadata manually and it can be used to see if the connection to R3 system is valid and user has authorizations.

SM59--> test connection and Remote Log on will be useful to test connectivity.

In terms of monitoring, IDX5 is used.

Regards,

Bhavesh