cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Standalone" WebDynpro Application - save data in XML / DB...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding "standalone" WebDynpro applications. I wonder if it is possible to create a WebDynpro Application (and integrate it to the portal) which don't uses an RFC/BAPI to read and save data in or from R/3.

Is it possible to read and save WebDynpro datas somewhere "local" on the portal in a db, xml, csv...? Are there any possibilities?

Is an "How to Guide" for this issue existing?

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Java Dictionary project, with table.

Deploy and after you can access them via JDO and SQL code.

Look here:

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your input. This information helps me for the beginning.

Do you know if there is a example project existing?

I would like to create a WebDynpro application in which users can create / edit records (incl. workflow and approval) and when the record is approved the document should be saved via RFC in the R/3.

Sounds great, doesn't it?

Stefan

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto for your examples. Unfortunately I can't get them work.

Do you have a "sneak preview" of your Blog?

If I could deploy this example - where will the data be stored? Where can I find (and see) this example database on the portal server?

How can I delete (undeploy?) this project datas with the db and all his data?

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Java Dictionary create only tables into NetWeaver DB instance, ask to your system administrator where find them.

From Visual Administrator, you must see if there is JDBC service ACTIVE, without this service cannot access to the data.

And if it is active must see the DATASOURCE name, that usually is SAP<SID>DB, but also SAPSR3DB

The tables cannot be undeployed, but from a SQL command prompt or DB tool can DELETE it (sql <b>drop </b>command).

Bye Roberto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your very helpful information! I could test your example project.

I have a "last" question, how can I add (import) a created Java Dictionary to a WebDynpro project as model?

I have the following possibilities to add a Model:

Import Adaptive RFC Model

Import Adaptive Web Service Model

Import Web Dynpro Model from UML definition (XMI format)

Import Java Bean Model

Import Web Service Model - DEPRECATED

I guess it should be the "Java Bean Model", right? Unfortunately I can't see the created Java Dictionary for adding.

Thanks in advance for your response. I'd really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Dictonary project will create Tables foe you.

If you want to use those tables in your Web Dynpro application then you can go for Java Bean Importer provided if you have all the required java classes for your tables.

I have developed sample code for generating the classes for the tables in MaxDB.Find the link below.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/softwaredownload?download=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km...

You can use the above for creating the Bean and then you can use JavaBeanImporter to create the model

Regards, Anilkumar

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And me, Anilkumar Vippagunta finally get work your generator 😄

I was worng on user type to use!

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan.

I am happy for you

Yes you have to import "Java Bean Model" and so, files like:

AllUsers.java

of my example.

And also files that Anilkumar Vippagunta generator create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

Is it possible to use your simple Java bean generator also with an oracle database? Do I understand the tool correct, that it connects the server, finds the deployed tables and creates the beans for them?

Can this also be done manually? If yes, how?

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You can connect to DB and create bean outof the tables.

For each table it will create java class which contains methods like getXXX,updateXXX so that you can call these methods from WebDynpro(on the model).

There were some problems with the link to the tool.So let me know your e-mail id so that i can send .

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

Do you have a new version of your tool? I could download it but I couldn't manage to get it work. I couldn't connect our portal server with oracle database.

If you would like to send me the tool again, please use the following e-mail address: wbvu22002@sneakemail.com

Could you explain me please how I can connect to DB and create bean outof the tables?

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your information.

I just could connect and run the java bean generator!!

Great thing.

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anil,

I see ur PDF Document.I got ur project file in SDN.My requirement is Accesing Oracle DB,But that DB is not in Portal landscape.Is it posible to use javabean model.

One more Thing, Can I run bat file in server side/client side.Because I deployed my project in Remote server.

Please give Rpl ASAP.

Thanks,

santhosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes sure.

You can usa Java Dictionary tables.

You can create application that works with EJB.

Or application that works only like a game.