cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component development with Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would like to offer our customers Web Dynpro components based on RFCs to simplify the development of customer components.

But how can we do it? We can offer Web Dynpro components with context based on our data model (simplified data model), component methods with mapping context <-> rfc. RFCs will provide checks and in success case will update the state of backend (entire data model). Interface of RFCs is based also on simplified data model (structures and internal tables). Views are offered as Windows, as it is not possible to use view in extern component. The customer will map provided context and use Windows and methods to build own components. Customer components will be complex applications with many views.

Customer want of cause to define append fields (in backend data model, in RFC interface and in Web Dynpro Context) and use it in own views. But it is not possible to create new attributes in mapped context. I can use enchancement framework, but i am not sure if it is a correct way.

Maybe there are some references to solutions for similar tasks?

We are developing with Web Dynpro for ABAP, but i think the solution with Java must look similar.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

It is a good idea to put all your re-usable RFC functions/models in a DC, and expose those methods which will be used by your child components.

Now, you will have to do some manual copying of data in your child components( copy from RFC mapped context to your own context with delta fields), manipulate data, and send it back to your RFC by copying it/map it to the appropriate RFC DC contexts. You have to write code whereever mapping is not possible(like it is already mapped to another node/you need to add fields etc.)

Regards,

LM

Answers (0)