cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM and Collaboration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing CM and Collaboration NW04 SR1 on EP 6.0 platform and getting following error on initial stage after selecting package for install. The same error is coming when I try to patch.

ERROR 2006-11-30 01:20:07

FSL-02107 Path component contains reserved character ('\'): trans\SUBMAJ2

Looking at sapinst_dev log file....

service name=sapmsR89/protocol=tcp resolves to port number 3690

TRACE [iaxxco4sys.cpp:129]

iastring COS4SystemConnect::getKernelLibrary(args_t const& _args)

OS4Trace: Resolving kernel library for SAP System R89.

TRACE [iaxxejsexp.cpp:208]

EJS_Installer::writeTraceToLogBook()

SAP Central Services instance is SCS89 on host SAPR3001

SAP Central Services instance is SCS89 on SAPR3001.

SAP Central Services instance is SCS89 on SAPR3001.

Central instance is JC90 on host SAPR3001

Central instance is JC90 on SAPR3001.

ERROR 2006-11-30 01:20:07 [synxcnodit.cpp:59]

CSyNodeIteratorImpl::next()

FSL-02107 Path component contains reserved character ('\'): trans\SUBMAJ2

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:270]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown std::ESyException: Bad path component: trans\SUBMAJ2

WARNING 2006-11-30 01:20:07 [iaxxccntrl.cpp:477]

CController::stepExecuted()

The step lookForAlreadInstalledJ2EEEngine with step key EP_KMC_MAIN|ind|ind|ind|EP60|ind|0|EP60|ind|ind|ind|EP60|ind|0|lookForAlreadInstalledJ2EEEngine was executed with status ERROR.

TRACE [iaxxcsihlp.hpp:301]

main()

An error occurred during the installation of component SAP NetWeaver '04 Support Release 1> NetWeaver Components Running on Java> Content Management and Collaboration> Content Management and Collaboration Installation. Press the log view button to get extended error information or press OK to terminate the installation. Log files are written to SAP NetWeaver '04 Support Release 1> NetWeaver Components Running on Java> Content Management and Collaboration> Content Management and Collaboration Installation.

TRACE [iaxxgenimp.cpp:845]

showDialog()

waiting for an answer from gui

Need help,

Thanks and Regards,

Milan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

What is this 'trans\SUBMAJ2'? Is it a part of the installation parameters you put?

Regards,

Agoes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not really I am not giving any such input it creates SUBMAJ2 automatically in trans directory. Cant read the file as its not txt file it looks to be binary file.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

My suggestion below may not be related to your problem, but sometime something strange happens and the error message doesn't represent the real problem. It is more "additional action" for me when doing the installation and so far I never have the problem like you have.

I can see the system name is R89. Have you enrolled user ID R89OFR, R89ADM, R8989 and R8990 to client access? From main menu, option 11, then 21. So, these users will have access to IFS.

Where is the location of '/usr/sap/trans'? Is it on another machine? If yes, have you created R8990. R8990, R89ADM and R89OFR there? Please also enroll them to client access.

Sometime the problem may also be caused by "waiting for something". What I usually do is stop the installation and start again with option "continue old installation", instead of pressing "retry". Believe me, it helps sometime.

Regards,

Agoes

Message was edited by:

Agoes Boedi Poerwanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agoes,

System R89 is newly installed QA Java system for EP. We did not do any user enrollment for D19 system which is again newly installed Java system on which we are installing CM. the users already exists in the system as the R89 is up and running. Do they require to be added for every install? We have never done such activity for any of the system running. How do we check the fault?

The trans directory is on the same host.

I tried running install again couple of times as there is no option for retry after error message sapinst terminates but no luck...:(...

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

The fault can be recognized when the system failed to change the log file for example or failed to read some parameters.

The error message you have is very strange. It is pointing to the character '\' that was actually created by the installation itself, if I understand your statement correctly. It may be something wrong in the installation process.

What we did when we installed EP and KMC:

1. Install Web AS 6.40 Java based on NW04 SR1 (SP9).

2. Patch Web AS 6.40 Java to the newest level (at that time).

3. Install Portal platform based on NW04 SR1 (SP9).

4. Patch Portal platform to the newest level (at that time).

5. Install KMC based on NW04 SR1 (SP9).

6. Patch KMC to the newest level (at that time).

Did you do the same steps?

Before you did the installation, have you looked at OSS notes:

- 717376, 789188 --> EP installation related and ISERPACK.

- 868979, 874092 --> related to EP-KMC installation.

Regards,

Agoes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agoes,

Thank you for the quick reply. We have followed the installation step exectly as you have described currently we are on stage 5. We had refered all the SAP notes before start of installation.

Regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Then I have no more ideas. Have you opened an OSS ticket? If not, please do so.

Sorry I can't help more. It needs some action to see what happened with SAPINST joblog underneath TMKSVR, installation logs in '/usr/sap/sapints', alt-esc; 6 --> "*NLVLIBL/DSPMSG QSYSOPR" or any other logs.

Regards,

Agoes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Since SAPinst run in Windows, it can't handle filenames that contains the character '\'. In this case, "trans\SUBMAJ2" is a file that was created in /usr/sap and Windows can't handle it.

Please rename this file if possible.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis,

Your solution worked.

Regards,

Milan