cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is java instance mandatory in ECC6.0

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed ECC6.0. After installation there was two instances java and ABAP.

In ECC6.0 java instance will come by default or I can install only ABAP instance.

Like in ECC5.0 there was only one instance installed when i selected ABAP installation.

Please guide me.

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

My two cents on the input below.

On ECC 6.0 installation i have had only ABAP instance on and no Java stack has been defaulted. I presume its a sepertae installation and it becomes mandatory in case of EP installation on this System.

So as much simiar to ECC 5.0 ABAP installation only can be selected or else you can also add the tick mark to AS-JAVA aswell for Java componenets,

Hope it helps.

Br,

Sri

Awards points for helpful answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java instance is not mandatory with ECC 6.0. After starting the installation it always asks for the kind of installation u want from there u can select AS ABAP.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java Instance is not mandatory.(Depends on the installation type

you select)

regards / Jayaraman Krishnamurthy

Intelligroup.

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would not say that it is so clear cut. Please use the mySAP ERP master guide to determine what usage types you require activated in the system. Your functionality needs determine the technology needed so if you need functionality built using Java technology then you need an AS JAVA based usage type activated (e.g. xSS, ADS, etc)

The master guide is the best place to determine this.

Cheers,

Mike