cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Does anyone know how is rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter measured?

My users would like to be notified 5 minutes before this time expires.

They do not like to be logged-off without warning.

I would like to setup some kind of warning that they will be logged-off if they are not working in a next 5 minutes.

Igor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Igor Greguric ,

this parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout acts as a security guard.

If you are doing nothing in the system for "SOMETIME" ...it will make you logg off.

Now this "SOMETIME" is measured by this parameter.

Ex-Suppose you are working on the systema and certainly you go off for a tea.....now your system (PC /LAPTOP) is logged off but sap system is still on.

Now on the basedof the rdisp/gui_auto_logout pamater value SAP SYSTEM will be logged off automatically.

If your employyee is working on the SAP system, they will never be logged off...........

Now if you want to get a notification...may be an ABAP script will help you (not sure ).

I hope this helps you.

Edited by: pranendu on Feb 22, 2012 9:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

were you able to configure this? If so, Please let me know how did you achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Igor,

This should help you out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/52/6717e0439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

This should be a clear business decision and how the users operate. accordingly you set the parameter. If system has enough resources, then you may set it to 0 to deactivate.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recommended : A standard 90 minute idle time before session ends.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I search also this kind of parameter. Or does someone found a workaround for some users ?

Thanks in advance