cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Tree Table!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a table in which i am displaying the data in tree table format. i am accessing my data through bapi. initialy i am displaying the first record for root node. when user clicks the root node the child nodes/leaf are displayed using

recurive node and master coloumn. i am loading data to the recursive node in onloadchild action which is setted in the loadchildren of master coloumn. now data is loading and everything is fine it is displaying also. when i try to refer the actual data source node of table there is no data. i can get only the root data. i want to retrieve or transfer all my data with child data in its exact position which is as it is to another node. how to do this.

my value node is vnode

IPrivateOneView.IVnodeElement newVnodeElement;

newVnodeElement = vnode.createElement();

node.addElement(newVnodeElement);

newVnodeElement.setEmpid(wdContext.curentContextElement.getEmpid());

i want the current loaded or visible row data of table in one value node.

how to do this?

regards,

Ganesh.D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Yes, it is possible. It's possible to traverse recursivly recursive node and collect/copy all data. It's possible to start from root or for any element user activated.

Anilkumar suggested you to check my blog post (/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/20/master-of-columns-part-ii). Here you can find method sizeOf() that calculates total size of expanded node (number of elements visible). This method uses recursion to drill down from level to level. You may get it as basis and write your own recursive algorithm that, say, copy values.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say the following the blog i can copy all the data which are in the table to another node. i saw the blog its little bit confusing. i will try to analyze more. if its possible can you step it out more easy way. i will try to analyse maximum and i will get back to your gmail id.

thanks for your info and patient reply,

regards,

Ganesh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi valery,

I tried my best but fails. Can you help me in this out. I use ep 6 sp9. I dont have gettreeselection option.

regards,

Ganesh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

I don't know what connection exists between EP and WD versions, but IWDNode.getTreeSelection() method exists in WD from day one.

It's simply impossible that version with TreeByNestingTableColumn control have no such API method.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I too agree your comments on version. But look at this thread.

read the thread fully and in last reply(Maksim) It states clearly. Even i tried that too.

awaiting for your reply,

regards,

Ganesh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Oh, my fault -- I forget about this bug in SP11.

Then indeed you have to adopt Maksim's code and use it instead getTreeSelection().

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that too its not helpfull. the following code works but i can only read the current elemnent data. the code is writen on onlead select of the node

final StringBuffer path = new StringBuffer(".");

for

(

/* Top-level folder at selection path*/

IPrivateMone.IMDataElement current =

wdContext.currentMDataElement();

/* We will break right after lead selection */

null != current;

/* Drill down one folder deeper by selection path */

current = current.currentChildDataElement()

)

{ /*complete path

path.append('/').append(current.getDesc());

current.getDesc();

}

It is helpfull to read current for current element values. i want read all the data. and in change option i could't able to change the particular row data. remember its in tree.

regards,

Ganesh.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above code can retrieve current lead selected data in recursive node. I wat to retrieve all the data. Do you have any idea regarding this. Is it possible to load an image dynamicaly to coloumn into recursive node when it is expanded. Some time the expanded node does't get collapse. I dont know the reason.

awaiting for yor reply,

regards,

Ganesh.D

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

How you are accessing Actual Data Source node?

If your node strucutre is like...

Parent

|

-- Recus

Then you can refere to the corresponding child nodes using..

wdContext.currentParentElement().nodeReucs().getElementAt(index);

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Did you go through old postings ??

If not check these

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=233527&messageID=2788317

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/20/master-of-columns-part-ii

Regards,Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am looking for solution? Is that possible or not?

regards,

Ganesh.D