cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC output - SE37 vs Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible that, for the same set of input parms to an RFC, SE37 output could be different than data comming via the Adaptive RFC interface. The issue we are experiencing is as follows:

We are using BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE to calculate item pricing. What we noticed is that, webdynpro output is usually X times (100 or 1000) the value in SUBTOTAL2 field of ITEMS_OUT table. We query SUBTOTAL2 for item unit prices.

Is SE37 applying some kind of formatting for quantities, prices etc. before displaying the data, that webdynpro does not ? Has this got anything to do with R3 configuration ? Is there any webdynpro side configuration that has to be done for the outputs to match ? Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Make sure you have passed all input parameters to bapi_salesorder_simulate correctly. The decimal places in the item price would be taken based on the currency of the sales order, so make sure that the currency field in the bapi tables are correctly filled with upper case currency values.

Try it and let me know if that was the issue,

Regards,

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think one different thing i noticed was, when we usually test the RFC by logging in to sap r/3 using your id some fields like date, decimals etc will be displayed in different formats from that of webdynpro, the reason being application JCO for the application might have been created with some other user with different user settings (this user id is being used by webdynpro to access data from R/3). You might wanna check the settings by using transaction su01.

Hope it heps

Peace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

WebDynpro Adaptive RFC Model definitely uses <b>conversion exits</b> defined on ABAP side. So typically you may skip entering leading zeros for fixed-size numercs. Certain conversions applied for currencies as well.

But I guess that SE37 does exactly the same...

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE37 does quite a few things differently than Web Dynpro.

a) SE37 by default is case-insensitive . You need to check the box , if you want to make it case sensitive.

b) I am not sure about conversion-exits . To be on safe side, just make sure you are doing necessary conversion.

c) I think it also takes into account user settings that you define in SAP R/3

If nothing makes sense, try debugging.

Regarding X times(100 or 1000), I think this is because of the comma that it puts. This is usually a user setting in R/3. Your JCo ModelData connection - is it Ticket Based Authentication or User/Password authentication ?

In case of Ticket, user settings should not be an issue.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Message was edited by:

Subramanian Venkateswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

To solve this probelm to you should do ABAP debugging from your webdynpro:

Follow this steps

1)in the transaction code se37of your Bapi.

goto->menu->utilites->settings->Goto debugging tab->check act box->switch on to the Classic debugger

Now goto red button stop and click on http break point .Now your program will stop where you put the cursor and ABAP debugger will come.Here you can debug and get to know what are you sending to the BAPI and what bapi is returning.

Your JCO destination should be in debugging mode.

Regards

Nidhideep