cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade effort R/3 4.6C to 4.7 or mySAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this question...

I was asked to come up with some estimates for an upgrade if we move from our current 4.6C system to 4.7 or myERP - we are on ISeries OS/400 (all modules except HR).

It is my understanding that 4.7 either runs on WAS 6.20 or 6.40, so I assume the technical effort will be in about the same between 4.7 and mySAP ERP but how about the functional part of the upgrade?

Any rough estimate on the timeline we are looking at if we go to 4.7? I know this depends on a lot of factors, but again we just need a rough estimate to see how much time we should allocate.

Maybe someone out there did something similar and can share some experience?

Thanks a lot!

Guenther

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guenther:

You may want to visit service.sap.com/upgrade for the latest in resources concerning upgrades to mySAP ERP from different platforms.

Upgrade possibilites and considerations are also spelled out in this solution area.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also assigned with the same task of upgrading from 4.6c to 4.7. Can someone please provide any relevant documentation, links etc. Please I have to do this on priority. My e-mail id is : saiwrites@rediffmail.com

Now I feel that this task can be done, since you dudes have already work on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also assigned with the same task of upgrading from 4.6c to 4.7. Can someone please provide any relevant documentation, links etc. Please I have to do this on priority. My e-mail id is : saiwrites@rediffmail.com

Now I feel that this task can be done, since you dudes have already work on this.

darren_martin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guenther,

I have done the 4.6c to 4.7 upgrade and it was a piece of cake. We also ran ISeries and shortly before the upgrade we did a platform migration to Intel (Windows 2003)/SQL Server 2000 which was also extremely straight forward.

I am sure that if I did some digging I could find the documentation that we developed for both.

As a side note, the platform migration was well worth the effort we saw a huge increase in performance and stability has been pretty much the same 99.999

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Darren,

Could you please send the documentation to the following email address pegasus_102@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot for your troubles.

darren_martin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just getting organized after our building move, but I see if I get it put together this week. Are you doing a migration from DB2 to SQL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Darren,

We are planning for an upgrade too. Could you please forward that document to chris01234@rediffmail.com?

Thanks.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could send the presnetation But I am not sure how to upload the presnetation in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

mySAP ERP is built on top of SAP enterprise. I do have good SAP presentation on architecture. Please do let me know if you would like. That may help you in understanding mySAP ERP.

Prasada Rao Pyala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasada,

I am given the same task to upgrade SAP Development object from 4.6C to 4.7 if you have some documentation which could help me it would be appreciated if you can forward me that.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasada,

I do need this inofrmation to update my knowldge on this product...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paari:

SAP consulting has regional organizations to help customers specifically with upgrades, you can find their resources and contacts and a wealth of specific ERP upgrade information at: service.sap.com/upgrade-erp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Darrell,

I know that SAP has to do money with consulting and so on and the website service.sap.com/upgrade-erp is such a wunderful website, but I have been searching for an hour and do not find the specific path or any guides for upgrading from 4.6c to 4.7. If someone here wants to help, do not stop him please. SAP does not belong to you uncle and just through us SAP became what it is. We are not selling software on the black market, we just help eachother to make SAP bigger. So Don't worry! helping eachother in straight ways is better than overload the webserver from SAP without finding the guides you need.

So if someone can send me the upgrade path from 4.6c to 4.7, I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Jan Far

MG
Explorer
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Could you please send the presentation on Architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasada,

Could you be kind enough to send me your presentation.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasada,

Could you also be kind to send me your helpful presentation. Thanks.

T.D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasada,

Would you please send me your SAP presentation on architecture.

Thanks,

Donna