Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui: waiting for response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is out setup and problem:

We are using SAPGui 6.20 patch level 55. We have 1 central instance and 2 application servers. Lets call them appl1 and appl2. Our users are logon to the SAP systems from various countries. All SAP servers are located in Singapore

CI has system no. 00. Appl1 and appl2 has system no. 01.

The problem:

With the exception of one country's users, all users can logon to the CI and the two appls servers. The problematic country can only logon to appl1 but not the CI and appl2. When users from that country try to logon to the CI and appl2, they get a 'waiting for response' dialog box and SAPGui just hang there. They can't even get to the logon screen when trying to logon to the CI and appl2.

Anyone can help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use a SAP Router to access your servers this may have not been configured correctly.

Regards Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using saprouter. We are also not using load balancing via logon groups. Users are connecting directly to the SAP servers. Static IP addresses are specified in sapgui instead of hostname. So there is no issue with DNS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lim,

Can you plz check the SAPGUI settings on users PC. its quiet possible that the system number against the CI and app2 are wrongly mentioned.

Let me know if the above is correctly configured. If not, then we can test network once again. ? I can help you to do that.

Thank you!!

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for offering to help. I sure that the system number are specified correctly because we are able to logon to the same systems from other sites using the same sapgui setup.

I have tried niping from the problematic site and the results are successful.

Regards,

Wee Seng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, it seems to be a connection problem, do you have any firewall in between? Try this , from cmd type 'telnet <appication server> 3201' if a black screen show up you have no networking problem, otherwise if it wait while 'connecting to....' then you have some networking problem.

Regards, Luciano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Telnet, ping, and trace route test from the sapgui client to the SAP server are working fine.

I'm sure it's a network problem because when we bring our notebook PC to that problematic country, our PC were not able to connect to the CI and appl2. We were able to connect with the same PC at home country.

There is no firewall in the problematic country. There is a firewall in the country where the SAP servers are hosted. However, we can rule-out the home country firewall giving problem because other countries are able to connect to the servers. These countries as well as the problematic country connect via VPN. The VPN server located in the home country will assign VPN user from a pool of IP addresses. Firewall rule has been set correctly for this pool of IP addresses.