cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEVERE: DB Error during import of BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are trying to perform the system refresh using sapinst (load based) on AIX/DB2 UDB environment.

During the "Import Java Dump" phase, we are getting the below error;

SEVERE: DB Error during import of BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS

SEVERE: Message: The object of type java.sql.Date with the value '2006-06-22 07:

00:00.0' assigned to host variable 5 is not normalized. It must not contain time

components in the time zone running the virtual machine.

SEVERE: SQLState: SAP06

SEVERE: ErrorCode: 1001124

As per the OSS note 915548 we changed the Server & Desktop time zone to GMT+01:00, and started a fresh installation.

However we are still facing the same issue. Does anybody have a resolution for this, if so please help me, I shall definitely reward you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem.

I was installing a CRM50 Unicode System, using a System Copy procedure.

(Source System platform: Win2003 x86, MsSQL2005, j2sdk-1_4_2_13-windows-i586-p.exe)

Into a Target System Platform:

- Processor Geniune Intel Xeon 3 Ghz x86

- Windows 2003 x64 bits

- MS SQL Server 2005

- j2sdk-1_4_2_13-windows-amd64.exe --> 941595 - Download J2SE 1.4.2 for the x64 platform Java

- j2sdk-1_4_2_13-windows-i586-p.exe

(both Java versions installed, according to the Sap note)

I already did what you said:

- Change timezone

- Uninstall CRM50, using sapinst\Aditional Software Life Cycle Task\...

- Reebot the server

- Staring a fresh installation again

Please advise, I've been working for the last four days on this, with no luck.

Maybe the problem is java version, perhaps j2sdk-1_4_2_09-windows-amd64.exe or another one would be enough, or, I need to reinstall everything since the beginning, including MSSQL2005.

Can someone help us out please, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens when there is time zone is different in your source system and target system. I had the same problem.

If you are having this issue with BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS, check if the table is active in source system (se11/se16), if not you can ignore this step in the installation process, to do this;

go to the installation directory, where you can sapinst.log, jload.log, etc.,, you will have a file "IMPORT.sta", set the status for this table from "ERR" to "OK" and retry the installation. This should resolve your problem.

However, I would strongly recommend you to have SAP blessing to ignore this table.

Note: The table "BC_SL_ACTIVE_PARTS" is created when there is a time zone difference.

Please reward with some points if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata Chinta,

I started all over again.

- Uninstall CRM50, MSSQL2005 and delete CRM50 installation temporary and database files.

- Change Timezone to Amsterdam...

- Install MSSQL2005

- Run again the Copy System

And it was A WASTE OF TIME, the same error appeared.

But, after that, just did what you said about:

>go to the installation directory, where you can sapinst.log, jload.log, etc.,, you >will have a file "IMPORT.sta", set the status for this table from "ERR" to "OK" >and retry the installation. This should resolve your problem.

The installation finally WORKED properly!

Thank you very much.