cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading sql client oci.dll failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.70 on Windows Server 2000, database Oralce 9.2 and I want to install entire SAP system in 1 Computer.

I have been installed Oracle 9.2 and SAP's center service successfully.

But when i install SAP's database service, when SAPinst run to the Database load (post processing) (R3load jobs: finishing SAPVIEW), it throws error as below and

teminated.

at brconnect.log, the B0999E Loading sql client oci.dll failed -check oracle configuration

i checked connection with D3TRANS -D,

but there was no problem ....

please tell me the answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have probably donwloaded the wrong br*tools.

There are two version: one for Oracle 9.2 and another one for Oracle10.

The Oracle 9.2 one should not try to load oci.dll because it is linked to different DLL.

The brtools from version 700 are using the so called Oracle Instant Client from Oracle10. The brtools version 640 are using the Oracle9 embedded (part of rdbms installation) and should use orasql9.dll

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello junki

Can you provide the solution of that oci.dll error if you resolved it.

Hello Peter

i could not understand your points can you explain it a little more what should i do in this situation, how would i know that it is a wrong version of brtools and how to find the correct version of br*tools.

Any help is highly appreciated

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle 9.2 --> brtools from kernel release 640

Oracle10 -> br*tools from kernel release 700 (or later).

to obtain which br*tools are used run

brbacup -v

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

you are right. Its showing me BRTOOLS 7.0 when i executed brbackup -v

now what i should do? can you help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

download and use the 640 version of brtools from http://service.sap.com/swdc patches area.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stuck at the very same problem but I can't find the Tools of Version 6.4. It's a standard IDES 4.7 installation and I choosed an Oracle 9.2.0.8-Installation. There is even no "ignore" button in my installation. Is there any way to solve the problem with the oci.dll-error, using the Standard 7.0-Tools?

Former Member
0 Kudos

700 Brtools are only working in a standard environment on Oracle 10. Technical there is a possibility to run 700 Brtools with an Oracle 10 instant client against a Oracle 9.2 database, but this setup is not standard, needs some more manual changes and is therefore not supported.

640 Brtools are designed and compiled for working with Oracle 9.

640 Brtools can be found under http://service.sap.com/swdc

Support Packages and Patches -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 04 -> Entry by Component -> Application Server ABAP

SAP KERNEL 640 <your platform / your codepage> -> Windows Server <platform> -> Oracle

current package is: DBATL640O92_45-20000185.SAR

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the provided information! Just as the benefit for other users: the solution was to load the latest brtools for Oracle 9.x from the support-web. It worked but, by the way, there was even one more stumbling block: the latest brtools were packed with a new SAR-Packer. I even had to get a new Version of sapcar.exe before I was able to unpack the tools as described above. Afterwards it worked nicely.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the same error when i installed ides4.7 on Win xp. But i clicked on ignore and it continued installation. Finished successfully. Working good now..

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,

Ignoring this one failing installation step will probably finish your installation but it will run without appropriate database statistics, which often causes bad database performance because database optimizer will use the wrong access rules.

You may afterwards have also problems running any database administration using br*tools.

so far it is sometimes better to solve the problem instead of ignoring it.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the relavant logs in the sapinst directory....

Regards

Umesh K