Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Response Message as an XML SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario as follows :

JDBC Sender <-> XI (synchronous) <-> ABAP Proxy.

I'm hoping that I can use XML SQL form at the JDBC Sender Response message, so I can update some fields at the database using the response message's data. But actually it's not working. Please advise whether it's applicable or not ? If it's not, is there any other way to do that ?

Thanks in advance,

Andy S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

As Krishna rightly points out, this is feasible using a BPM. You can update your database based on the response from ur ABAP proxy.

cheers,

Prashanth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't used BPM before, well I guess this is the right time to try :).

Thanks again for pointing it out........

Regards,

Andy S

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

Adding to the discussion here, JDBC sender adapter does not support Synchronous Processing .It supports only Asynch procesing and so, you would need a BPM inorder to update the database again with the ABAP Proxy response.

You would have a sender jdbc adapter polling over the db and getting the data, --> a receiev step in the BPM receives the data.

Next a send Synch Step makes the call to the ABAP Proxy and get the response.

You map this response to a JDBC receiver adapters data format on the basis of the action you need and then use a send step with a receierv JDBC adapter to update the DB.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to update the database based on the ABAP proxy response, then you can do this using BPM..

FIrst recieve the message from the JDBC and then send synchronously to the ABAP proxy and get the response and send it to Database again...

Regrads,

Moorthy