cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File using BPM error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys i m doing a simple file to file scenario using BPM and getting the following error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for this message</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

where might the problem be?

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Your BPM process is with return code 99.

1)You go to SXI_CACHE.Select your BPM process from list and then activate it using menu icon.

2)You will get a list of messages with codes as 'S','I','W','E',check if there is any message with reurn code 'E'(means error) and also check the return code of process.

3)If return code is still not zero then check message with 'E' and do the changes in your process as specified in the message.

4)Then again activate that process from IR and recheck return code in cache.

5)If it is zero then resend your message.

Thanks,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Did u do the cache refresh?, and also activate the BPM?

Also try refreshing all the cache's in XI home --> administration --> cache overview.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i dont have access to refresh any cache and all my admin has left for the day,probably i will look at it tomorrow.

really appreciate your concern

thanx

ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Go thru all the steps, which I have mentioned in my earlier post..

Probably the problem is the cache refresh, interface determination is not done correctly..

Are you able to see 2 messages in the SXMB_MONI ? If not BPM is not triggered, probably the problem with Integration directory configuration..

Rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey in SXMB_MONI there is only 1 message,what might cause the BPM not to trigger?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

To check if the file is being pickedup put the File processing mode in Sender File Adapter as 'Delete'.

For BPM did you define:

1) Outbound_Asynch_File

2) Abstarct_Asynch_For_Outbound_File (used in BPM)

3) Inbound_Asynch_File

4) Abstract_Asynch_For_Inbound_File (used in BPM)

Wats your BPM design?

Is it Receive > Transform > Send?

Pls reply..

Regards,

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Yiou had mentioned that you used the QOS as Best Effort for your File adapter

Best Effort is used for Synch proxessing and File adapter does not support the same , so please use Exactly once or Exactly Once in order.

Also, please check your steps against this blog by moorhty,

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

well as this is my first BPM scenario,i m just doin Receive>>Send

and yes i defined everything you have mentioned.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok to be sure if your BPM configuration is right:

1) sender agreement: with sender interface as Outbound_Asynch_File

2) Receiver Determination:

2a) from File_sender To BPM with receiver interface as Abstarct_Asynch_For_Outbound_File (1st interface determination)

2b) from BPM to File Receiver system with receiver interface as Abstract_Asynch_For_Inbound_File (2nd interface determination)

3) Receiver Agreement

you don't need a receiver aggreement for File_Sender to BPM

However you need one receiver agreement for BPM to File_Receiver with receiver interface as Inbound_Asynch_File.

Pls check and confirm.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey i dont have a sender agreement,guess i missed that,will the service in sender agreement be Business service or Integration process? and what will the interface be?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

The sender agreement will be with respect to your sender service and in this case the sender service is the file adapetrs service ( business service in your case).

The sender interface will be the outbound asynch interface you have creatred for your sender file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

The sender agreement would include the following:

1) Sender Service: This will be your File Sender Business System or Business Service.

2) Sender interface: This will be <b>Outbound_Asynch_File</b> and not the Abstarct_Asynch_For_Outbound_File (used in BPM)

3) Sender Communication Channel: Specify the File Sender Communication Channel.

Let me know if issue is resolved.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

really appreciate your help but i m getting some problems with my server now,now when i m all done n try to activate it,i m getting a message saying "Unable to move an object to another change list while it is being edited. Save and close the object"

i dont have any objects opened and all the objects used are saved,i dont know why i m getting this error

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

when you are activating your objects make sure that they are not in the EDIT mode. Please click on the PENCIL sign and make sure you remove the EDIT mode before you activate te object.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

if the issue is not solved even after making sure that the object is not in EDIT mode, what you would need to do is go to the ChangeList tab in the Integration Directory and then see if your obejct is a part of someother users cahnge list and then activate it from there.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

First make sure you have saved all your objects then try activating each object individually from lower most to the highest most object. I.e first acivate the Configuration scenario (the top most name for your scenario in ID) itself by right clicking on it and choosing the activate, and later activate your sender agreement.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i click on the edit (pencil)button it says object currently being edited by user21 and as a matter of fact i m user21 and i m not editing any object

it waz working fine and like 15 mins ago a frnd of mine logged in with the same used id and passowrd,as we dont have concurrent access i waz logged off but now he has closed the connection to server and i m still getting that object is being edited by user 21,dont know whats wrong

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

relogin into the XI server

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

thanks for the detaild info. Reason for the problem is that when you were editing the object you got logged off and so the object has been locked.

Now, this object will be available under locked objects.

Go to XI home page--> Administration --> Integration Repository / Integration Directory --> Locked Objects and then Unlock the object.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Luck??

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

no luck ,actually i was getting some problem in sender communication channel so i had to delete it and make a new one,but now i dont see the new sender channel during sender agreement.

what should i do?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you activate the new sender communication channel?

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

well actually i m messing up in service,i have two service of almost same names and coz of my stupidity i have mixed up both of them.

lemme fix that

thanx for ur concern

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

now everything is in place but still scenario is not workin properly,file is being picked up but not delivered and the error in moni is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for this message</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

i can see only 1 message in moni which i guess means my BPM is not working properly

what should i do nxt?

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please make sure that the receievr determination etc has been created and activated as per your scenario.

Also , in your message in MONI, click on PE and see in which step the error has come?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please send me the snapshots of all the ID and IR objects to my mail id.

goyal.ashish@siemens.com

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey bhavesh

i m not exactly sure what u mean by PE,cud u explain a bit

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Scroll along your message in MONI and you will find an entry called PE in one of the coumns, click on this and you can montior your Business Process Engine as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

when i click on PE,it says "unable to perform action for selected message"

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This implies your BPM was not instantiated.

Please ensure that recieevr determination has the correct sender service and the Inbound Service is your BPM.

Please ensure that the receive step is the first step of your BPM and you have selected the option Start in the receive step of your BPM.

Please check the status of your BPM in SXI_CACHE. The return code should be 0.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey return code is 99 and i dont have permission to activate it.

what else i can do?

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad ansari

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the return code should be 0. Only then the BPM is active and you can use it,

Ask your admin to help you in this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx guys

really appreciate ur help

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Is the issue resolved??

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

I saw in one of the threads that you are using learnsap. I am also using that. I have couple of question on how to use XI over learnsap. Can you give me your contact info so I can clarify certain doubts. Mt Email is sameer89@yahoo.com. I am also based in US.

Former Member
0 Kudos

edited

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i m still struggling with it,now when i change the quality of service from Best effort to Exactly once,its picking up the file and givin me the previous error(Unknown message) and the error category is BPE_ADAPTER

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont know why but the status in message monitoring is success.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Did your issue get resolved?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

You say your BPM return code is 99. Try doing a cache refresh in SXI_CACHE and then recheck your BPM.

If it is still having ret.code 99, activate it from SXI_Cache itself so that the return code is 0.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Does it give any specific error inside the message in Moni?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

it says 'An internal error has occurred' and even in message monitoring,its givin the same error.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Check these..

cheers,

Prashanth Azharuddin

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

1) check if there is any error in the bpm in the integration repository. For this go to integration process and press F7. Else save and activate it

2) go to SXI_CACHE and check the status of teh integration process .. it should be 0.

3) Also check the Receiver detrminations/agreements and interface determinations.

check out this blog-/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey when i press F7 in integration process it says 'no errors identified during check'

i m not sure how to check the status of integration process in SXI_CACHE,could you explain a bit ,one thing which i noticed in Integration process in integration directory is that the message interface name under the receiver and sender tabs is the same,can that be a problem,also in message monitoring in RWB it shows that msg is picked up from the folder,put in queue and then delivered(it does not say which folder it was delivered though).

thanx

ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to check the cache- /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/11/28/inactive-integration-process-ip-at-run-time

did you find 2 messages in the SXMB_MONI ? i.e

1) from SOurce file to BPM

2) from BPM to Target file

Check out this ..probably the problem is in the IntegratioN Directory configuration like Interface determinations..

Also cross verify with my blog , I have posted in earlier reply..

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

now the file is not being picked up as well and i m getting two errors in SXMB_MONI and insted of Red flag now i m getting Red squares,and it says System error-restart not possible.

is something wrong with my server?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

also the return code in SXI_CACHE is 99

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For file is not picking up --

>>check the Adapter Monitoring -- if it is green--check the message monitoring or SXMB_MONI..

For Restart not possible error may be because of many reasons-

1) Queues may be stucked up-- go to SMQ2 and check the queue status

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

2) connection failure , If so , you can restart the server.

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey adapter monitoring is green but i can't see any queue in SMQ2,it says no entries selected.and i m still getting two errors in moni with same red square and sayin internal error,i did restart my server .

thanx

ahmad