Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing 1 of the available interface views of a DC

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am having 1 webdynpro application using several separate DC and this works fine ( until now ).

I created a new DC with 2 windows and I want to select on of those 2 windows in the main application based upon certain criteria ...

I created an public component controller interface and generated 2 interface view definitions ( all with default plugs ).

Some questsions about this concept:

(1) When I add the DC to the main application then I cannot choose the "lifecycle"- its automatically put to "manual" - I assume this is due to the fact there are 2 interface views available ( I didnt' have this restriction with my other DC which only have 1 view )

(2) When trying to instantiate the component usage manualy I do not find any way on how to choose the interface view I want to use - I cannot find a way either to link the component interfaces views with the internal component interface view ...

(3) I can embed the external DC interface views without any problem in my main applications viewset and link in and outbound plugs but when I run the application I get dumps on missing repository objects etc ...

(4) As the lifecycle is put on manual I need to declare componentusage myself but also when trying that via createcomponent method I get dumps that component interfaces are not supposed to be used ...

I get the general feeling that this kind of functionality is not supported on JAVA stack 2004 ... or am I missing something ?

I also found a guide from a SDN community member using 1 window with dispatching inside ... is that the only way to do this ?

Regards,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Steven,

here are my answers regarding your question ...

1) a read-only value "manual" for the lifecycle porperty of a component usage only occurs when the component usage points to a component interface definition. It has nothing to do with the number of exposed interface views.

2) component instance creation has nothing to do with component interface view navigation. What you want to achieve is initially navigating to a certain component interface view. I described a solution for this initial navigation problem within the Cross-Component Navigation tutorial on SDN (based on introducing a NavigationDispatcherView). Yes, that's the only solution in NW04 and NW04s.

3) Missing repository objects should not occur. I assume that your target DC is not correctly deployed yet.

4) I do not understand this issue. What do you mean with "component interfaces are not supposed to be used ...?

Regards, Bertram

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bertam,

Thanks for your reply ...

I figured out myself in the mean time that I had put the components interfaces public but not the componenets themselves - leading to all the confusion and problems as described ...

But points awarded for taking the time in answering this !

Having said that ... I am facing another issue which you can find at

for which I cannot seem to find a decent solution ...

I already looked at your "Navigation Dispatcher" document but this is not a solution for my issue ...

Regards,

Steven

Answers (0)