cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working as an XI consultant and want to learn a bit of MDM. Please can anybody answer my below queries, considering that I am new to MDM:

Our XI system's component version is <b>Netweaver 04</b>. Can MDM be accessible from this system.

I understand that I need some additional GUI for MDM. Where can I get this from? I mean, can I download it from somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Dehra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me answer your question one by one..

1. Our XI system's component version is Netweaver 04. Can MDM be accessible from this system.

Answers is Yes as explained by Mark..

2. For MDM, you would require a couple of GUI's..You can download them from Service Marketplace..

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mar helpful answers</b>

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver MDM (5.5) integrates with SAP NetWeaver XI (3.0).

SAP NetWeaver MDM is licensed separately. It is generally available at the Software Download Center on the SAP Service Marketplace (current release is MDM 5.5 SP4).

For more information on the MDM/XI integration/interaction in loading/distributing master data, see for example https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/mdm?rid=/webcontent/uuid/4db9d6df-0901-0010-0994-b943... [original link is broken] (and the referenced "MDM 5.5 Data Distribution Using SAP XI" blog).

For an architectural overview of SAP NetWeaver MDM see the graphic at the Getting Started page ( [original link is broken]).

Best regards,

Markus