Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordset Structure value

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi !

I need to enter a value for the number of records in the Recordset Structure in the Content Conversion Parameters of the File Adapter. The records should be atleast one with a possibility of more than one records ....... in other words - one or more than one records. I do not want to enter 'fieldName, ' as '' could also equal zero records. What would be the correct syntax ?

Cheers,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dennis and Shabarish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now many record type you have in the file ?

Sandro

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Three -

HDR1 - only 1 record can exist and it is mandatory.

HDR2 - only 1 record can exist and it is mandatory.

ITM1 - 1 or more than more than 1 record can exist and it is mandatory.

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

File adapter or <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm">Sender</a> or <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm">receiver</a> ?

If it is of type sender, you have to put the name of the recordset and ",*"

Regards,

Sandro

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

It is of type sender.

I have entered as follows - HDR1,1,HDR2,1,ITM1,* - where HDR1 and HDR2 are two header records and both are mandatory and ITM1 is an item record with atleast 1 mandatory and unbounded. 'ITM1,*' could also mean 0 records. How do I handle one or more than one records.

Cheers,

Ashok.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that the only values that u can provide will be a 1 - N and * (0-unbounded).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to put *, you will have no problem even in case of 0 record.

Sandro

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

What is '1 - N' ?

Ashok.

Ash_ok
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro,

I have currently a value of '*'. But that validates even when ITM1 has no entry. It should fail when ITM1 has no entry. There should be atleast 1 record of ITM1. How do I handle that ?

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

'1 - N' most likely means that you can enter any number here: 1, 2, 3, ...

As far as I know, it is not possible to check for a cardinality of "at least 1" during content conversion. You'll have to perform this check later-on.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

N = 1,2,3 ......etc

i dont think its going to be a problem reading the file that way by giving *. but in case you need to have some validation, maybe you can do it in the mapping or in a module !!