cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings to all. My question centers around defaulting G/L accounts in the shopping cart. We are running the extended classic scenerio and have configured the default G/L account deterimination via the IMG by setting product category, source system and account assignment to a G/L account. That works as expected.

The business is now requesting that a user be able to set their own G/L account to override the configruation. This would be based on the following criteria:

Username

Company Code

Product Category

Source System

Account Assignment

I know this can be accomplished by using the BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT BADI and creating a Z table to house the requirements, my question is what is the best way to provide an interface to the user to enter their requirements?

The users are already setting a few attributes by themselves, like cost center and account assignment. My desire would be to have them enter this default G/L account information through the same mechanism (i.e. attributes). The problem is that I have more than one value they would need to enter (i.e. Company Code, Product Category, Source System and Account Assignment). Any ideas?

I should also mention that this company has very limited material masters and doesn't plan to utilize materials to any great extent in the future, so G/L account determination based off materials is not a concern.

Best Regards,

Shawn O'Connor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not understand why the user need to enter "Company Code, Product Category, Source System and Account Assignment " as these data are already in the SC container.

The only attribute to fill is the "G/L account".

Please confirm.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann-

Thank you for your reply. They wouldn't be entering those values in the shopping cart, as you mentioned they are filled in. They would be entering those values in a single attribute. The attribute would then be referenced by the BADI to determine if the defaulted account is to be overridden by the user's specified account in the attribute. Make sense?

Best regards,

Shawn

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid not

i do not understand your logic and why you are doing this way...

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann-

The core issue here is that while we default in an account based on the standard configuration, the business would like the user to have the ability to default in their own account. They would do this by specifing a key that would include any or all of the following: company code, product category and account assignment (i.e. CC, OR, etc.).

The reason for this is because different departments account for the same items differently. An example would be office supplies. Our default configuration would charge the office supplies expense account, however certain departments do not use the office supplies expense account they use the general expense account. This is a simple example, I have others where the accounting differs down to a team level.

Best regards,

Shawn

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok.

You mean that each user is going to change the attributes values before shopping ?

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The attribute value would not be defaulted in the cart, I would simply read the attribute value(s) via the BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT BADI and if I find a match then override the default account and replace it with what the user has specified in the attribute. Is it possible to have an attribute with multiple values? I would need them to specify company code, product category and account assignment as a key for a single G/L account.

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can confidure attribute to be multiple value.

You have to do it in table T77OMATTR

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann-

Do you know where I can find some documentation on to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Shawn

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yann,

In the table, what is the attribute for GL account? I have tried to play with this in the past and have not been able to get it to work?

Monique

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

Please have a look here

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=228535&messageID=1483482

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut

Former Member