cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

can any one help me out in integrating RFID technology with XI without using AII component.

waiting for the earlist reply

Thanks in advance

Vijay Kumar Govindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay Kumar Govindu,

This is simple pipeline architecture to Integrate RFID – XI without using AII

Tags ( 1 to n ) --> Readers --> Internal Managed Server (Software Development and Infrastructure) --> XI ( to manage 1 to n warehouse ) --> Enterprise Integration Platform ( ERP | CRM | SCM )

Thanking you

Boopathi Thangavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Boopathi Thangevel

thanks for your reply but i have many quries regarding the process which you have send . so please would you be little more brief in the process that would help me out in the integarting RFID with XI.

Thanks in advance

Vijay Kumar Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay Kumar,

Tags and readers are normal implementation scenario as per your business requirements.

IMS (Savant) – responsible for real time data acquisition and filtering…This is based on your hardware and software vendor …once you familiar with savant workflow then easily talk to XI

Thanking you

Boopathi Thangavel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Actually According to me these are the various implementations of interfacing RFID System with SAP,

1.You can interface the RFID system with SAP AII with XI as the middleware.

2.You can interface the RFID system with SAP R/3 without using SAP AII but can use XI as the middleware.

3.You can also interface the RFID system with SAP R/3 without using both SAP AII and XI AND using only R/3.(i am not sure whether this implementaion is feasible as far as time and cost is concerned,but it is possible technically)

First and foremost you have to choose your choice of implementation.

And if you dont have to use SAP-AII as in your case then you have to go for the second scenario mentioned above.

But in this case if you donot have RFID hardware support then you have to assume various things And if you are using RFID hardware then the RFID Implementation depends a lot on the hardware you are using.Here it is important that your RFID IMPLEMENTATION gives you either A XML file or FLAT FILE as a output.Which will be then passed to SAP VIA XI, using XI we can connect it to SAP R/3 using either an IDOC or RFC.

I am glad to inform you that the document highlighting the implementation of second scenario in which you are interested in is already published on SDN.

My Technical Paper is titled Case Study RFID Enabled Automated Toll Collection Connecting SAP R 3 Using XI

Direct Link of the document is as under

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c444f8e8-0d01-0010-4d9b-c6f....

The case study which I have mentioned in this approach is a demo application.

I should say if you got to implement any of the RFID-SAP application with this approach , you have to do the feasibility study in all aspects both cost and time wise.

I hope this should help you.

Regards,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks a lot for your helpful answere

still i need clarity in these aspects

1) what are the custom tables and transaction codes used in this issue?

2) what are the idoc settings made in this issue?

3) what are the settings made in XI regarding the issue?

Thanks in advance

vijay kumar govindu