cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a WD method from Adobe Interactive Form JavaScript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to save the PDF file (into KM) defined by the binary Context Attribute "PdfSource", when I run a Adobe Interactive Form inside a WD application. And this must be done automaticaly at starting.

The origin of my problem is that "PdfSource" is not filled-in until the adobe form is completely loaded and ready.

So i was thinking to use the "form:ready" event of Adobe Inteactive Forms to call a WD method ir order to save the PDF file (into KM) but i do not find the way

Can anybody tell me if this is correct and how, or should I try another way?

Very thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ischia,

You can't call a WD method from adobe interactive form Javascrit. The better way to do this is create a WD view, and PDF file will be opened inside this view and at this view will have a WD Button to save the PDF file at KM. Did you try something like that?

Best Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

Thanks for answering. You make me save a lot of time by avoiding searching how to call a WD from adobe interactive form, since it is not posible.

Yes I did try to use a WD Button in a View and catch its click event in order to save the PDF to KM, the problem is that this action must be done automaticaly. I mean, the user shoudn't push any button, it should be completely transparent for the user. (it's a design rule).

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try putting a timer UI element on the webdynpro view, and in its handler code to do the save, and then set the timer interval to zero so that the timer does not get called again. That will work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mrutyunjaya,

thanks for your post, the second link: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.api.WDInteractiveFormDisplayType

looks quite fine but I can't find out how to make it work as I described above.

Could you show me please??

thanks very much,

Ivan,