Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Mapping Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to JAVA mapping and I'm having an issue which I can't get resolved :

When I execute my mapping I get :

<SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">LINKAGE_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>XIFileNameMapClass</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>http://notimportant.com/xi/SOOFT</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>068fe9b0-44d1-11db-c69d-ee989e43162e</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4>-1</SAP:P4>

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Incompatible class versions (linkage error)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I'm using eclipse for the java class and I have choosen several jre versions to create the .jar file but all lead to the same error.

I had copied the required aii_map_api.jar.jar from xi box to my local project directory and added it as an external .jar to my project.

But since I new to JAVA and unsure on what exactly is going into the jar and what not.

Is it important with which jre version you build the java class ? ( Xi is running on 1.4.2_12 ) I tried first with 1.5.0_06 and then with 1.4.2_9 and then 1.4.2_13 all with the same result.

I do this by adding a different jre to the properties of my project. And then I export to the .jar file . Is that enough ? ( I was expecting something like a 'build' option somewhere but I can't find that in eclipse )

When I imported the archive in XI, I also see a .Classpath , a .project , SAP_AG_G.RSA and a SAP_AG__G.SF file.

This reminds me of those ugly .dll incompatibilities which I had hoped not occurring with JAVA...:(

Any ideas ?

PS We are on XI 7.0 SP8 ( so the older note 755302 is not relevant )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

There is an OSS note for this..

Note no :755302

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I suggest you re-read my question AND the PS.

thx

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk

Check the JRE version on your XI server..I think its lower than the build version of your JAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you can read from my problem description, I already tried with higher versions and lower versions. Only not with the exact same version as I can't download it anymore from Sun.

But do you really need to use exact the same jre version as XI is running on ?

( IF yes, I would have expected this comment from many Java gurus in the forums/blogs about java mappings )

rgds

Dirk

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I have never had any trouble with different Java versions.

I think your problem has another reason.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

True Dirk..

But since I had resolved this issue by maintaining the versions it works and fyi this is the information in SAP HELP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/c91241c738f423e10000000a155106/content.htm

"To be able to write a mapping program in your Java development environment, the Java runtime environment (JRE) of the SAP J2EE server must be consistent with the JRE version of your Java development environment." I believe this should be read as runtime compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did understand that I had something todo with different versions ( as I started to make a first attempt with version jre 1.5 and then with other versions )

But somehow I apparently couldn't get my .jar file to be compiled to a 1.4.2_xx

( although I tried numerous settings in the Eclipse build path etc...)

Finally, I removed the 1.5 version and started from scratch using jre 1.4.2_10.

And now it works OK !

I'm sure you can configure Eclipse correctly to generate 1.4 compatible jar files ( even when running itself on 1.5 or above ) but I must have missed the right combination of settings ( as I said I'm new in Java / Eclipse....)

regards

Dirk