Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Causes of "(-301) General export error."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always get an "(-301) General export error." by calling syndication batch:

D:\SAP\MDM\Syndicator Batch>SyndicatorBatch.exe -f D:\Update-Heizkoerper\01.in\test -o -s VM-MDMSP4P1-CK -p 2040 -u kohlerch -r "German [MASTER]" -n UpdateFerts -a MDM

Syndication error.

(-301) General export error.

I double-checked the entries, I also get a connection to the database as you can see by:

D:\SAP\MDM\Syndicator Batch>SyndicatorBatch.exe -f D:\Update-Heizkoerper\01.in\test -o -s VM-MDMSP4P1-CK -p 2040 -u kohlerch -l

Syndication Name Type

-

-

UpdateFerts XML

So what else can cause this error? Are there any specific documentation about syndicator batch?

Greetings

Christoph Kohler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We created in the console for "German [DE]" a dialect by copying it and rename it to "German [MASTER]".

"German [DE]" (an available language) also doesn't work:

D:\SAP\MDM\Syndicator Batch>SyndicatorBatch.exe -f D:\Update-Heizkoerper\01.in\test -o -s VM-MDMSP4P1-CK -p 2040 -u kohlerch -r "German [DE]" -n UpdateFerts -a MDM

Syndication error.

(-301) General export error.

I checked:

-a "Remote System Names"

-f alternative path name

-r different languages

-n different Export mappings

I just want to unterstand what can cause an General export error.

Thanks Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

This error occurs when the Syndicator can't create a file(s) for the record(s) you want to syndicate.

You mention

-f alternative path name

It is not only the path name but must also include the file name. In your path, is test a directory name or the name of the file you want to produce?

Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

At first glance, it seems to me like the language tag might be wrong.

Shouldn't it be "German [DE]" ? Please check this against the language you've selected for your repository in the Console.

Regards,

Richard