cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries via Broadcaster per E-Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to distribute by email a couple of BW-Reports (Queries) via Broadcaster?

I hope someone could help.

Kind regards,

Karl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I forgot the query should go on a black berry.

Kind regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

MI does not support Blackberry devices, if you are intending to use SAP MI. If this post is in general regarding Blackberry, then it is a wrong place for the post.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

As Preetham mentioned MI does not support Black Berry.

If at all you are looking to implement your requirement via MI the following info can help you out:

You can find all the info here.

1) which all kinds of handheld devices we can use ?

Any handheld device which supports Windows Mobile OS 2003 or 2005 can be used, HP iPaq is one such device, for more information you can visit http://service.sap.com/pam

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help but I heard it should be possible to distribute

BW queries, BW web-template with email via broadcaster on black berries.

Why you think it should be not possible?

Kind regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karl,

Some good news for you ! I know for sure that Blackberry is supported by SAP, because I saw their demo of Travel Expenses and Time Sheets applications on the Blackberry devices !!!

I also heard, that there are some limitations on what you can do with BW reports on Bleckberry device, e.g. you can see pre-configured report, but can not drill it down.

Here is another quote from SAP: "Every mobile application based on WebDynpro is rendered appropriately for a BlackBerry device.

For user convenience, SAP has integrated single sign on to SAP systems via the BlackBerry device. The user only has to enter the password to unlock his BlackBerry, and is able to access SAP applications online without any further logon screens".

To get more detailed info on your query, you may contact one of the following guys in UK, who can have first-hand info:

- Alberto Zamora (Solution Principal, SAP Mobile Business): alberto.zamora@sap.com

- Nicola Grant (Business Manager, O2 Solutions): Nicola.Grant2@o2.com

- Nicole Van Gheluwe (Alliances Marketing Manager, EMEA, Research in Motion): nvangheluwe@rim.com

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

thank you for your information and help but one email of alberto zamore failed.

Do you have more detailed dokuments how to distribure bw queries with broadcaster via email to blackberries?

Kind regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

BW is not my area of expertise, sorry. I can not give you any practical advices on how to distribute BW queries down to blackberry users.

But I guess you may find the following link quite useful: service.sap.com/mobileui. Download information kit to see how it works on BB device.

Best regards,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

thank you very much. I will have a look through.

Have a nice week,

Karl