cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating SC with Dummy Account Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest about the idea of creating shopping cart using dummy account assignment category "U" and then using workflow to route it to the appropriate agent to input the actual accounting information as in my scenario the requisitioner is not aware of the funds and accounting information. I would really appreciate some input on it.

Thanks,

Prathima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann/Prathima,

Are we looking at BADIs: BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT or BBP_ACCCAT_MAP_IMP.

Let me know if those help.

BR

Rakesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to create account assignment category.

If the user (all users i guess) do not know what allocation is required , you can just activate a one step workflow to route to the appropriate agent.

kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for your response but I'm still not clear on how we can save or create a shopping cart with out any account assignment? So, that's the reason I was mentioning about using an dummy account assignment category or an dummy G/L Account.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Prathima

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct : in standard, you have to fill a correct allocation +G/L in the shopping cart.

My answer was that if for every SC saved, a workflow is required to change the account assignment by another agent, then you just need to activate a one step WF.

If not all SC have to be routed via WF to an agent, then , you have to find a criteria to filter SC to be routed to agent.

In which scenario are you ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

The scenario is as follows:

1.I have worked on the workflow design and we are planning to use N-Step BADI Approval workflow because there are 3 levels of approvals along with commodity based and dollar value based approvals for certain departments.So,My idea of the design steps were to:

1.Create an Shopping Cart with some dummy G/L Account (Bcoz the requisitioner is not aware of the accounts and funds,they want to just say that I need set of office supplies)

2.After,the required approvals are obtained the final step is to send it to agent responsible for putting in accounting info.

3.Then,before the PR gets created in the backend I thought of using BADI (BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) AND BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to validate if the dummy account assignment has been changed to the actual account and if not raise error messages.

The major concern I had was about the consequences of using an dummy G/L Account or to get any better ideas for this.

Thanks,

Prathima

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you checking allocation and G/L against ECC or R/3 ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Yes,We are checking G/L Account against ECC.

Thanks,

Prathima

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see two options :

1- create dummy code in ECC in order to use it as you have described it.

-> hum....

2- deactivate the account check if the dummy code is defaulted in the SC.

As soon as a value different from the dummy code is set, standard check occurs.

i think you can do it in a badi but not sure which one ...

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thank you very much for your response but can you explain me more in detail about the second option.

I don't know much about SRM configuration and so can you please tell me the steps to deactivate the check and also I didn't understand the point that you have mentioned that if a value other than dummy code is entered standard checks will happen but if we are deactivating the check how can the system validate it.Please let me know about it.

Thanks,

Prathima.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you know, SRM is checking the accounting value against ECC in your scenario.

Thus, badi should be implemented to deactivate this check only when dummy value is present.

As soon as the agent has change the dummy value to a correct value, the standard accounting check works again.

Let me check which badi you have to use...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I'm sorry but I was just waiting to contact our SRM consultant to verify if we are validating G/L Account assignment with ECC but I wasn't able to find him.When I went in to PPOSA_BBP and looked at the attribute KNT value the backend log.system is not defined and there is only value like "CC".So,from my understanding it looks like there is no validation with back end.Thanks.

Regards,

Prathima

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The attribute in PPOMA is just the default account assignment and value !

you have to check in "determine backend system" if RFC is enable ou not.

By the way, the module function is bbp_account_check but i was not able to find a badi to control it...

Anybody can help us ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks for your help! let's c if we can get any help.

Thanks,

Prathima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Why not use acc.ass. U (unknown) ? brgs ds