cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a smartform for job describtions in HR that has two pages. On the 1st page there are the organisational overview, key activities and a revision line. This layout is fix. On the 2nd page there is a window that contains a details job description and at the bottom a signature line.

I have used several windows to place the text and lines on the form. On the 1st page I have a main window where I have a command for new page. On the second page I didn't set a main window.

Now my problem is that the text on the second page can be longer and does not fit in the window. I know that if I put the text into a main window there will be a new page created automatically if the text is too long.

But if I set my window on the second page as main window, there is no test displayed any longer.

Can anyone help me in this case?

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say that you set the window on page two to Main window, you mean that you have copied the Main from page 1 to page 2, correct?

Don't just check the 'Main' checkbox.

I think you need to copy Main from page 1 to page 2.

Then in Main, after the Command for page 2, print your page 2 text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I have assigned the value to a different window. So I had mainwindow on the first page and one on the second page and that was my problem because I recognized that smartform does not accept different main windows.

I solved it in the meantime by luck (try and error like the last few hours but this time it worked).

Now I do not have a mainwindow on the first page but one on the 2nd and 3rd (the same by copy). Now I achieved my goal that if the text is short I have 2 pages and if the text is long, I have 3.

Thanks

Michael

Answers (0)