cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, sorry for asking so many question, but I am very new to this. What do the error message below means? I am very lost.

'java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz.resources.Answers, locale en_US

at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException

(ResourceBundle.java:839)'

Conrad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Conrad,

I assume that you did not define exactly this package when developing the quiz tutorial application. Perhaps you defined a package

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.<u>tutorial</u>.quiz.resources.Answers instead of com.sap.tc.webdynpro.<u>tutorial<b>s</b></u>.quiz.resources.Answers. In this case a MissingResourceException is thrown.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's look like you are fighting with Quiz tutorial

The following error means that wd runtime can't find resource bundle called "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz.resources.Answers" for locale en_US. Resource bundle is a file that contains locale specific data like translated text.

The code wich throws this exception located in the doInit method of your WD component controller, here it is:

// Load the resource bundle "Questions.properties" located 
    // in the package "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz.resources.Questions"
    // for locale set in the resource handler. 
    resourceHandlerForQuestions.loadResourceBundle(
      "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz.resources.Questions",
      this.getClass().getClassLoader());
    resourceHandlerForAnswers.loadResourceBundle(
      "com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tutorials.quiz.resources.Answers",
      this.getClass().getClassLoader());

In general this code simply can't find Answer.properties file which should be located in WebDynpro_Quiz/src/packages/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/tutorials/quiz/resources/ folder.

Is this file exist?

Victor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

The file is there. I have another problem, I did another Web Dynpro application tutorial and the image cannot be display. It seems to me that all the files in any folders cannot be seen. Is there a setting in the J2EE server or some other server that needs to be set?

Conrad