cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight Tutorial JCO connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to run the flight tutorial but I am not able to create the JCO connection. Our R3 system is running on a different machine. I configured the sld and I was able to create the JCO connection WD_FLIGHTLIST_MODELDATA_DEST. But when I create the JCO connection WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST I receive during testing the error message

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=dev16-sv GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=S3E MSSERV=sapmsS3E PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsS3E' unknown TIME Wed Nov 29 14:59:15 2006 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 530 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsS3E' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

I also create in transaction SMLG the logon group PUBLIC. I read a lot of threads which handle this topic but I never read that someone really solved this problem.

Do I have to make some more changes at the R3 system (maybe in transaction SM59). I also put the line

sapmsS3E 3600/tcp

into the service file. Will be 3600 the port of the message server?

Kind regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Plz check your group in R/3 using tcode SMLG.im your services file give your

SID entry and message server port entry.

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

now I solved my problem. First I was not able to generate the Logon groups list with my sap gui. I already entered the message server service into my service file <b>but</b> the real important part is to make a line break after this entry!!! (it was my last entry in the file and I did not put the line break after the last row!!!).

Regards

Michael

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

To me it looks like its a problem with the message server host. You can test it by entering all these parameters in the SAP gui logon pad, and seeing whether you get the group PUBLIC. Try the foll.

Open sap logon

Click on 'Groups'

Put System id - S3E

MessageServer : sapmsS3E

Click on Generate List.

If your messageserver is right, you should get a group called PUBLIC in the list.

If not, you need to change message server ..test it here first..

Then give the same in your JCO Connection..

Hope it helps,

LM

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created an entry in BC Message Server?

If not, please go to <b>SLD->Content Maintenance</b> and add BC message server

Regards,

Ashutosh

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

edit your "services" file (/etc in Unix, windor/system32/drivers/etc in windows)

insert a line:

sapmsXXX 36xx/tcp

(where xx is the systemnr. of your sap system XXX, most likely 00)

after that, restart your os.

See this thread too:

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I already put the line

sapmsS3E 3600/tcp

into the service file of the server at which the webdynpro application is deployed but I still receive the error message. I also restarted the machine.

kind regards

Michael