cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in back routing Error in communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We use a scenario to post a message from XI to an external party using the HTTP-adapter. The message is sent correctly however the "Acknowledgement no possible" icon is shown in the monitor. In the detailed log message "Error in back routing Error in communication channel".

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Kind regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Can you check if you have used <b>Quality of Service</b> as <b>Best Effort</b> in your HTTP receiver communication channel.

If not change your QOS to best effort and try again.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please help me in following, and suggest how you solve this problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check these..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give some other info:

1) do you want the Acknowledgement or not ?

2) wich adapter send the initial message to XI ?

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandro,

1. Yes I would like to have the Acknowledgement (or at least I would like to know if the message has been correctly delivered)

2. The IDoc adapter sent the message to XI.

Kind regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, in this case I think we have already get maximum from XI.

We can distinguish 4 kind of acknowledgements:

1) SystemAckRequested

2) SystemErrorAckRequested

3) ApplicationAckRequested

4) ApplicationErrorAckRequested

So we have Application Acknowledgement ( positive and negative) that contain information regarding the processing of the message in the receiving system and System Acknowledgement ( positive and negative) that contain only transport information.

The standard behaviour of an XI message in case of use if sender IDoc Adapter (XI receive an IDoc) is that

SystemAckRequested="false"

SystemErrorAckRequested="true"

ApplicationAckRequested="true"

ApplicationErrorAckRequested="true"

You can see this from the SXMB_MONI ->Select the message -> Inbound Message ->SOAP Header -> ReliableMessaging

This means that Application Ack are requested (positive and negative) BUT for the reason you send the message to a file adapter, the file adapter Will say ALWAYS that the he cannot manage Application Ack.

At the moment it look like there is no possiblity to customize the IDoc adapter in order to ask only for System Ack...it will be release with next Service Packs.

The behavior of XI on this can be considered good, because XI send anyway an ALEAUD Idoc to the sender system that change the status of the IDoc, and in this way you will know that the IDoc has been successfully transformed into a file.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sandro for your input. However, it is not an XI->File scenario but a XI->HTTP scenario. I guess I have to configure the ALEAUD IDoc to get this right?

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends from the XI version, but generally I think that you will be glad that already now the ALEAUD IDOC may have been sent to the R/3 system, try to check with the transaction WE05 in the receiver system.

Anyway you must to complete the partner profile.

Regards,

Sandro