cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User role for Exchange Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I want to execute the transaction SXMB_IFR.. and I get an explorer window of my SapWorkDir... I think it is not working correctly because a <i>System Landscape Directory</i> must be there or some <i>software components</i> .

So could you please tell me which roles need my user to have for Exchange Infrastructure ??

I am going to appreciate any idea or help

Thanks

Fedex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are different user roles for SAP XI - ref this link to know more

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/89/05793c05f0807be10000000a11405a/content.htm

Also do a check as per this weblog in case your problem is that you are not able to open the XI start page - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/13/unable-to-open-iresrid-xipipi-71-updated-for-pi-71-support

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Xi start page would have the link to connect to your SLD, Integration builder( IR and ID) and your RWB.It would also have links to administration, installation guidelines and documentation.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have assigned SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

the problem would be the start integration builder.. because I do not get any start page... but just a explorer window...

<i>XI start page</i> and <i>start integration builder</i> is the same concept?

Regards

FedeX

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

They are the same concept. Just make sure that the Server Host name has an entry in the host file.

This is the path to be used,

<u><b>http://servername:port/rep/start/index.jsp</b></u>

Instead of the servername try using the Ip Address as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you looking for a devloper role?

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER should is a role given to XI developers.

Regards,,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos