cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to map extension data type in standard namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a customer who has this problem. I am from the Business Partner area and BP supports XI for data exchange. We provide standard message types in XI which contains core BP fields in ABA namespace. Corresponding complex structure exists in the ABAP system.

Now, the customer has created an enhancement data type for one of the data types present in the standard message type. This enhancement data type is present in another namespace. The customer has also generated the proxy for this enhancement data type which automatically created an Append structure to the standard complex structure in ABAP.

Now, from the ABAP side all the data is extracted including the enhancement data into the complex structure. In one of the outbound function modules, we call XI passing this data in complex structure. However, we call XI in ABA namespace. So, in XI, since the ABA namespace does not contain the enhancement data type, the customer is not able to map this to his target. Even though we send all the data from ABAP to XI, since we call it in ABA namespace, the enhancement data is lost.

So, is there any way of mapping this enhancement data also in ABA namespace itself. Or from the ABAP, should I call the namespaces seperately. This means, first I will call ABA namespace to map all standard fields. Then, I call customer specific namespace to map enhancement data type.

I would really appreciate a help over here since its a very important customer for SAP.

Many thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thing for customer mapping you have to do an mapping in our own namespace.

than you need a copy of the fb BUPA_OUTBOUND_MAIN an also from fb

ABA_BUPA_CALL_PROXY.

in the copy of ABA_BUPA_CALL_PROXY you can call your own proxy

do to changing this line

####################

DATA : lo_ababusiness_partner_out TYPE REF TO co_ababusiness_partner_out ."XI.3.0

to

DATA :lo_ababusiness_partner_out TYPE REF TO yourproxy_mt

see also weblog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/11/14/xipi-data-type-enhancements-standard-business-partner

Answers (0)