Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have following issue around tables.

I have a table with some text data and a LinkToAction per row. When the link is clicked I navigate to another view.

I have set the selectionmode of the table to none, but it still appears as clickable what is not preferable. Then I tried to disable the table and this solves the problem but then the linkToAction is also disabled.

Another option was to bind the same action (as the linkToAction) to the onLeadSelect of the table. But this doesn't work because I navigate in the action and so the view instance is gone the second time the action is executed.

Has anyone a solution for this problem or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

After setting table's selection property to none still it appears clickable because u have set onLeadSelect of this table to the 'Details' action.Dont bind any action to onLeadSelect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on 2004 SP15. There is only the selectionMode property here.

I have set this property to none (false is not possible) and there is no action for the onLeadSelect, but still it appears clickable.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My apologies

Try this,

1. Set selectionMode to <i>"none"</i>.

2. Select the context node that is bound to the datasource property of the table. From the properties view, set the <i>"initializeLeadSelection"</i> property to false.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rows remain clickable.

Regards,

Christophe

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Add a parameter to the action say "col".

2.In the wdDoModifyView map onLeadSelect action's parameter "col" to the above parameter.

IWDTable tab=(IWDTable)view.getElement("<tablename>");

tab.mappingOfOnLeadSelect().addSourceMapping("col","<eventparametername>");

3.In the onAction<actionname> method check value of col.If its value is not same as the columnname of table column which contains the 'linktoaction' element then navigate to child view.

if(<eventparametername> ==null || !<eventparametername>.equals("<columnname>"))

{

wdThis.wdFirePlug<plugname();

}

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you say you have changed the selectionMode property of the table to none? In order to turn off row selection in a table, you should be using the rowSelectable property. Set this to false.

Regards,

Satyajit.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am little confused.Can you elaborate more on it?

Setting table's selection property as none doesnt allow u to select any row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you set the table enable property to false then there is no way to click a particular column/row in a table.

Whats the problem in navigation ??

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an action 'Details'. In this action I navigate to another view. I have set the onAction of my LinkToAction to this action and I also have set the onLeadSelect of the table to this action. So it doesn't matter if the user clicks the row or the link.

When the user clicks the link the action is executed twice (onAction and onLeadSelect). The second time the action is executed I get an error saying the instance of my view is not available (because I already navigated).

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is looks like to do something with view composition.

Check the following posting

Regards, Anilkumar