cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new in WebDynpro ABAP and have also no idea in ABAP Objects. Now I want to show an Excel Sheet in a View. I used the Office Control element, but I have no idea, how to bind an office document into a context attribute. Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Regards,

Harald.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the package SIOS I have only the components IOS_TEST_HELLOWORLD_MS and IOS_TEST_SIMPLE_MS, but even in this components I have no satisfying result. I still can't open or create an (empty) excel document in my view. There is only an empty field shown in my view, although the browser settings of the activeX elements are all activated.

@ Phil:

I created an attribute with the type xstring and bound this attribute in the dataSource, but I don' t understand how to bind an excel document in this attribute or to use the method you mentioned .

Regards, Harald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes I 've tried the Office Control Properties, but when I check or activate the view, there is always the message "Die Eigenschaft 'dataSource' des 'Office-Control' muss gebunden werden" which means "The property 'dataSource' of the 'Office Control' must be bound". Now I have bound the dataSource to an attribute in my view. The effect is, there is no error message, but an office document is also not shown or opened MS office, even not if I set the activateInPlace-Property to false.

So I think, I have to bind an excel document into an attribute or something else, but I don't know how to do this.

Regards,

Harald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at component IOS_TEST_SPREADSHEET_MS in the system.

In package sios there are several test components.

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

your Excel document should be set in the attribute bound on property datasource.

See Wizard to get node.

Then use method call elem_xxxxx->set_attribute. See if_wd_context_element interface.

From memory you need an attribute of type hex string.

regards

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried the dataSource property?

See also <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">OfficeControl</a>

Regards, Heidi