Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install the Netweaver Components 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looking for your help in 2004s installation in Windows 2003

How we are installing the Net weaver components in Netweaver 2004s?.

I installed SAP XI 3.0 in SAP web As6.40 as separate component. But I would like to know how we are installing the Netweaver components (BI, PI) in Netweaver 2004s after install the application server (ABAP with Java).

Our Landscape.

Development System (ABAP with JAVA)

SAP 2004s with PI -

windows 2003 / MSSQL Server (standalone system)

SAP 2004s with BI -

Windows 2003/ MSSQL Server (standalone system)

I wend through the 2004s Installation document but I am not very clear about the components installation.

Can any body suggest the step by step installation the above?

Kind Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For SAP NetWeaver 2004s, you need to select the following for your systems:

1. In SAPInst select usage types (PI include AS JAVA) and AS ABAP.

2. In SAPInst select usage types BI (includes AS ABAP) and BI JAVA (include AS JAVA and EP)

The SAP NetWeaver 2004s master guide has help for planning this.

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When you install Netweaver 2004S, sapinst asks which usage type(s) you want to install. Options are AS ABAP, AS Java, BI, XI, EP and DI if I remember correctly. Check the boxes of the usage types you want, and sapinst does the rest.

Best Regards,

Barry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

as you have already installed netweaver components it very easy to install 2004s component.

here u need to run sapinst, go to netweaver components, select component which you are intrested to install.

if it is central installation (i.e, abap+java), after 5 stages both stacks installed in single shot (no seperate CI then DBI and java addin) but problem is that java system will point to 001 clint you need to change the clint using configtool.

futher help / clarification you can go through 2004s Installation document in market place.

regards

D.Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Samrat

We have plan to use 001 for development client as per SAP installation document . Now we don't have any plan to take client copy because of our minimum resources. Still if i need to change in confitool, please explain to me what step i need to follow in configtool.

Now I default client is 001 (not 000). I think In 001 all most all configurtaion predefined.

From this installation document i just follow this

from Installation document

":If you install a new ABAP or <b>ABAP+Java</b> system, in most cases you do not need to perform the client copy for

the ABAP stack. SAPinst creates three ABAP clients during the installation, client 000, client 001, and client 066.

You can use client 001 for production.

The following procedure describes how to perform a client copy manually. We recommend that you use

client 001 as source client, however you can also use client 000 as source client."

It ois ok ????

Ravindran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can deploy using JSPM, but there might be a necessity to do some configuration.

Regards,

Mathan.