cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Agent and the module processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have to make an offer for a client of ours. Therefore i was thinking to propose the conversion agent for developing a process module into the inbound communication channel in the XI-Scenario.

But i think i understand sth wrong or does this module substitute the normal mapping inside the XI?!

Can someone give me a hand?!

thx in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

note that conversion agent comes with some kinda licencing fee - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2693. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] so decide on that before you go on with your development.

Also have a glance on this - /people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/11/17/more-on-the-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thx for this information.

I thought i could use this for converting an incoming IDoc to Odette (EDI). But now i am a little confused.

Seems not to be the best solution with the conversion agent?!

Do i have to make a mapping by myself?!

br, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link for more information on conversion agent...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/4c38c4cf105f85e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jens,

Conversion Agrent is used to convert non XMl data into XML and vice versa.

For example it can read a PDF, EXCEL and conevrt it into XMl and also convert XML into EDI formats etc etc.

You use the conversion agent studio to develop the conversion mapping and then deploy it as a module. From the comm channel you call the Conversion Agrent Module which in turn runs on its own Engine and does the conversion for you.

So, if possible, you can also use conversion agent to actually read your source and create iyt in the format of the target and thgerbey replace Mapping. But, it all depends on the feasibility of what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Bhavesh