cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sap script while converting to pdf format

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me in this issue .

when i go to the tocde vl03n and i give the outbond delivery document no then in menu option outbound delievery and issue delievery output.it crates the spool request . then i will go to the sp01 tcode and copies the newly created spool request.after that i go to the se38 and executes RSTXPDFT2, it asks the spool request .after this program execution it downloads the form in pdf format.

problem is insted of going to all these transactions user wants one z tranaction that he will enter outbound delievry document number and he wants to download the form directly in pdf format on desktop .

how can i solve this .

please give some needful suggestions.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this.

Function module: SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PDF can be used to convert the SAP SCRIPTS into PDF format.

In the driver program of a SAP SCRIPT the following details have to be specified.

STEP 1: Data declaration

Parameters: P_FILE LIKE RLGRAP-FILENAME DEFAULT

Internal Table Declaration:

DATA: OTFDATA LIKE ITCOO occurs o with header line. (Spool format)

DATA: OTFDATA2 LIKE SOLISTI1 occurs o with header line. (Single List with Column Length)

DATA: PDFDATA LIKE SOLISTI1 occurs o with header line. (Single List with Column Length)

Work Area Declaration:

DATA: LEN_IN/LEN_OUT LIKE SOOD-OBJLEN. (Size of the document content)

STEP 2: In Close Form below details have to be specified.

Tables

OTFDATA = OTFDATA (Spool Format)

STEP 3: Assign the value stored in OTFDATA to OTFDATA2

OTDATA2 [] = OFTDATA [].

STEP 4: The Function Module definition.

SX_OBJECT_CONVERT_OTF_PDF

EXPORTING

FORMAT_SRC = 'OTF'

FORMAT_DST = 'PDF'

DEVTYPE = 'FILE'

LEN_IN = LEN_IN

IMPORTING

LEN_OUT = LEN_OUT

TABLES

CONTENT_IN = OTFDATA2

CONTENT_OUT = PDFDATA

EXCEPTIONS

ERR_CONV_FAILED = 1

OTHERS = 2

The above code will generate the PDF format of the SAP SCRIPTS. To download the PDF to presentation server use the function module WS_DOWNLOAD.

Regards

Yamini

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this

There are 2 ways of doing :-

1) Take the spool generated and convert to PDF(use FM CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF /CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF ) and send as email attachment using function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1. Check at ITCPO structure of Open_FORM for SPOOL details.

2)When call Open_form by default device is 'Printer' default to MAIL and send output to various RECIPIENT.

regards

Prabhu