cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of Message Transformation Bean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the performance details of Message Transformation Bean.

I need opinions for my scenario

<b>Scenario:</b>

I have an ABAP proxy to file Scenario. File needs to be encrypted and it needs to be a CSV file.

At present I have a Adapter Module which encrypts the content of a specified XML tag.I create the entire CSV file in mapping and put it into a single XML tag and my module(uses SAX for Parsing) encrypts the content of that tag(entire file content) and i output the file using Content conversion at receiver.

The mapping is bit complex and we have lot of Concats to get comma separated values and is not easy to maintain.

What we are planning to do is to get normal xml fields out of mapping, use message transformation bean to convert it to csv file and then encrypt it using our custom module and output the encrypted file.

Which one is the better option. Are there any overheads in using Message Transformation Bean.

kindly clarify.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The performances really depends from the quality of the library and the code that you will use. This may looks a generic response but it's a honest response.

The transformation bean will run in the same way as standard SAP transformation beans, so may be very fast.

Please consider also to use an operating system command that encrypt the file instead of the transformation bean.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandro,

Can you explain why OS command be used instead of MTB. Any specific advantages or performance enhancement.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OS command it's better in some cases only, when the messages are not many par minute, when you have an OS script-program ready, when you have no java developers, when you use native OS library.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandro,

We have java developers and have good java API's for encryption . So issue is to determine which is the better way when we decide to encrypt inside XI.

Regards,

Sudharshan