cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver mail adapter problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing File -XI-Mail scenario.I am able to pickup the file but don't receive any mail.In RWB in communication channel monitoring I can see the error log for receiver mail adapter.The error is

"failed to send mail: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect"

The configuration parameters I am using are:

Transport Protocol:SMTP

Message Protocol:XIALL

URL:smtp://Outlook server host

Userid:xxxxx

PWD:xxxxxx

I am at client network and the my outlook server is in my company network which we connect using VPN from client.Is this could be the reason for this error?

Please let me know if someone has come across such error.

Thanks,

Rekha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>"failed to send mail: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect"

probably there's no communication between your XI server and mail server machine and XI server cannot access the mail server

you need to report it to your network admin so it will allow the connection

or he will set up a mail server on the XI server machine

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way like tcode that we can check whether XI server can communicates with the mail server ?

One more question on mail adapter.

In case of receiver adapter we are providing URL of our mail server and userid and pwd.For testing it is ok but in case we are sending data from SAP using proxy to XI and then XI to mail adapter then whose userid and pwd do we need to provide in real time scenario.

In sender adapter also we need to provide URL of our mail server or URL of the company which is sending data.

Thanks,

Rekha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out with IP address in the exchange server details. Did you give correct/exact mail exchange server details

Probably it is because of firewall issues.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have taken server name from Outlook as Tools->Email accounts->Exchange server.

From where I should take IP address of the excahnge server?

How can I check whether it is a firewall issue?

Rekha