cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking the ABAP connection - error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

According to the ADS config guide for NW2004s, I wanted to test the ABAP connection. I went to t.code SA38, entered FP_PDF_TEST_00 and entered the connection name, and when I execute it I get the error

Error Code: 2

Error Message: ADS

Invalid http conenction: ADS

No version available.

Can anyone please explain me where and how should I set the http conenctions to make this test successful.

Thanks in advance

regards

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your input.

When I tested with FP_PDF_TEST_00, it returned a result with version information.

But no pdf output is displayed

1. Does is have to display the pdf form?

2. I am setting up a newly installed ADS server. So please let me know if have to d any other settings.

3.Also from the java perspective how to test if the adobe service is working for basic authentication?

thanks for your help

regards

SM

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

Programs FP_PDF_TEST_00 & FP_TEST_00 are completely different.

The program FP_PDF_TEST_00 that you run is just returns ADS version only.

If you execute the program FP_TEST_00, it will show you PDF output. That is this program takes the PDF form name FP_TEST_00 in the selection-screen parameter and also ADS destination name and will return you the PDF Output.

Basically you will do the following steps to run an Adobe Form.

1. Get the generated function module name for the Adobe form using function module FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME.

2. Call the function module FP_JOB_OPEN. here we have to pass ADS connection, Device name, No dialog option...etc

3. Call the generated function module , here we an pass SAP data from the print program.

4. Call the function module FP_JOB_CLOSE.

For more information, check the program FP_TEST_00 code .

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Ramakrishna for the information. As you said I did set the HTTP connection settings in sm59. Now the ABAP conenction test is clearing and it indiates the version number.

One of our developer created a test adobe form and for some reason it is not displaying the result. What else do I have to do to get the adobe form executed, the program program seems to be correct wht other configuration steps needed for displaying adobe forms for basic authentication.

For basic configuration what else do I need to configure. Do I have to install PKCS#12 for basic authentication. If so where will I find PKCS # 12

Thanks for your help

regards

SM

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

As far I know, you need not to install PKCS#12 for basic authentication. I am not sure about this.

Did you check the program FP_TEST_00 program? When this program is executed, it should return the PDF output. This means that you configured the system working properly.

You need to create a program that will call the function module that is generated from transaction SFP. For this you need to activate the Adobe form from SFP and finally click Test it. It will show you a function module when you click Test button in the application tool bar.

Take this function module and develop a program similar to FP_TEST_00.

Hope this helps you...

Thanks

Ramakrishna

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

You need to create ADS destination in SAP system to communicate with ADS.

You can do this in the transaction SM59 and you need to create HTTP connection.

1. Go to Transaction SM59 and create give the RFC Destination as 'ADS'.

2. Connection type : G (HTTP Connection)

3. Target Host: 999.999.999.999 (Portal IP address)

4. Port no: It should be the port no that you used to login into portal.

5. Path prefix: /AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

Go to Technical settings tab and choose <b>Basic Authentication</b> tab

Enter here logon details of the ADSUSER

(USER: ADSUSER

PWD: abcd1234 (I am not sure about this))

Save the details and click 'Connection Test' to test the connection.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Ramakrishna