cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

The company I work for is currently on 4.6C and are going to be upgrading to SAP ERP soon. One of the requests is that we are able to do Java development. I've done some research and found out about the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. Does anyone know if this comes standard with ERP or do we need to purchase and license it?

Thanks,

Becky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

it will come with your ERP-installation kit and to my knowledge it's free to use (or already within in your ERP license).

Though it's base on eclipse, you can't use/extend an eclipse-installation from www.eclipse.org. You have to install the NWDS that comes with your installation package and (inportant!) that has the <b>same</b> SP-level as your WAS.

kr, achim

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"Free" is not the right word.

You need a developers workplace license for the SAP Web Application Server. If you are already developing with ABAP, you should have that already.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience "free" is rarely the correct word for anything from SAP. I've seen programs marketed as "free" that required enrollment in other programs costing 10K. Even better, unless you're checking out the fine print,you might not notice or be told about these considerations until you receive the invoice. Free with purchase is about as free as you get with them. That that's the case here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience "free" is rarely the correct word for anything from SAP. I've seen programs marketed as "free" that required enrollment in other programs costing 10K. Even better, unless you're checking out the fine print,you might not notice or be told about these considerations until you receive the invoice. Free with purchase is about as free as you get with them. That that's the case here.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

As far as I am aware it is free.

It is an IDE that is based on Eclipse.

http://www.eclipse.org/