cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZCI for Web Dynpro for Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently developing an online scenario using Interactive Form in Web Dynpro for Java. My environment is NW04s SPS08, Adobe Reader 7.0.8 and Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1. In order to display the form in the Web Dynpro iView on the portal, I need to explicitly install ACF.

I read from the SAP Help Portal and SDN that as of SAP NetWeaver SPS08 Interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java are used on the basis of the Zero Client Installation (ZCI) scripting technology. For the use of new created forms ACF is not necessary any more. (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/73/852854f9d6418b9574dab0d321d258/frameset.htm)

However for my case, I still require to install ACF in order to display the interactive form. And I cannot find any resources that mentioned about the implementation of ZCI forms for Web Dynpro for Java, but Web Dynpro for ABAP instead.

So is ZCI only applicable for Web Dynpro for ABAP?

Can anyone advise me on why do I still need to install ACF for NW04s SPS08?

Thanks!

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ZCI is supported SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP09 onwards.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I use SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP11 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 and I can't save and open the form locally.

Best regards,

Stefan

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amanda,

When you want to make use of ZCI you should change the property "DisplayType" of the Interactive form UI element in your WebDynpro application. Default the value is "ActiveX" change it to "Native" and you don't need the ACF.

Keep in mind that you also should only use the UI elements in the "Native" tab in Adobe

Lyfecycle designer.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maarten,

do you know if I can save and open Interactive Forms with displayType ZCI. If I save my document and want to open it, the AcroRd32.exe process in the TaskManager is on 98% and nothing else happens. So I have to kill the process. But there are no Interactive Components in the document, it's only used for displaying the informations.

Best regards

Stefan