cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing IDoc - IDoc with IDoc - Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every one,

I have an <b>IDoc - IDoc</b> integration scenario between 4.5B and ECC 6.0 systems. The Idoc in the receiver system is not directly posted but an User - Exit is called and every thing is working fine.

I thought of experimenting replacing the scenario with Idoc - Proxy, and the source being 4.5B and target ECC. The User-Exit stuff as told above will taken care while implementing proxy.

Approach:

<b>I create an inbound interface object in IR and use the Idoc as the message type and generate a server proxy using SPROXY in the ABAP stack of XI.</b>

Please correct me. Also notify me if there are any potentials problems.

Regards,

-Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SPROXY on the ECC system should be used to generate the ABAP proxy, not the XI system. Therefore, configurations will be required on the ECC system to point to the XI system in order to retrieve the interfaces to generate the ABAP proxy.

Also, it might be easier to create a simpler message type to use in the interface. IDOC has a quite complex structure and probably contains a lot of elements which will not be used by your proxy. The proxy interface should be as simple as possible to simplify your program development.

Regards,

Bill