cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default fields in full functionality

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We recently applied SP 10 (SRM 4.0) to our Dev system. Certain fields that we have identified as part of the default fields are not working as they should. We are not experiencing this problem in Production.

We added business area and unloading point as a default field since these fields are the same for each line in the cart. We cannot use business area at the account assignment level because it is not hard-coded to a cost center (only WBS elements have a specific business area).

After I enter the data, punchout to a catalog, and return the items, the business area and unloading point fields are wiped out. There is no correlation to these fields and the catalogs. If I enter a free text cart (Describe Requirement), I do not experience this problem.

I am currently going back and forth with OSS to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas where to begin to figure out why those two fields are getting wiped out? Since we added those two fields to the screen template, does something special need to be done to hold them when SP's are applied?

The data stays if I click "Refresh" at the bottom of the screen. But, our users will not think about clicking that button everytime they enter their defaults.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have any badi implemented?

it could be your badi is wiping out data....

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We will look into it. Would the BADI get impacted every time we apply SP's to our system?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you have added the two fields by changing the ITS templates then in case of the patch level upgrade,the changes will not be carried over. So you need to redo the modifications for the fields again in the DEV system.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The BADI's are OK. The actual fields are there on the screen. But, for some reason, any data I enter gets wiped out after I punchout to a vendor or go through Internal Goods/Services.

Any other ideas?