cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep the file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one problem, trying to achieve a scenario file(sender)-xi-file(receiver). The file name that i send to XI have the following name fileXXXXYYYY.txt, my problem is when I use the file receiver adapter, I got the problem, I want to keep the name that has the file in the incoming system, but in the receiver adapter I dont know what to write in the file name schema to keep such name, and its a mandatory field...

Do you have any idea how to achieve that?

Thanks,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what i should write in the file name schema, because its mandatory and i have to write something, so how it will work?, It wouldnt care about that and would keep the original name, althought there is something written in the file name schema?

Thanks Michal,

Luis

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you don't need the file schema at all

you can put anything and do the test

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Basically my requirement to get Filename in idoc segments in order to validate the posting at month end.

Its an File to idoc scenario- GL Posting.

Please check attached UDF and it gives error. Kindly help. Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use apdater specific identifiers to do that

you have to check it inside sender adapter and receiver adapter

and the name will be maintained

you need SP14 to do that

for sender set:

Set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes indicator.

and FileName

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

for receiver:

Use Adapter-Specific Message Attributes indicator.

FileName

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>