cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some issue with .net connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problem with .net connector 2.0, in the VS IDE, server-explore, after adding application server(eg: CRM), I am having problem of bring up "BOR--Alphabetical"

it ask me to re-enter user pwd, after I gave it a valid one. same thing happened when I tried to connect to R3.

if any expert still not slepping , please help as soon as you can.

thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Yuwen Li

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens exactly?

- You right-click and say "New Application Server"?

- You fill the form, for Password you click the "Down icon" and fill in the password?

- You press Ok to close the form?

- You expand the new Application Server icon, BOR and Alphabetical?

- What happens now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

after adding application server(R3) to the VS solution explore, I got connected, I can explore the BOR,but, after I click on one of the items(with + sign) my VS collapse,

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

Runtime Error.

this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way....

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the system you are connecting to Unicode? There seems to be a bug in NCo for Unicode case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it could be very possible that the system is unicode becuase my company is an international company, the system needs to handle different currency etc..., is there any other walk around or I have to switch bach to connector 1.0?

thanks

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error should only appear on the BOR subtree; not for functions. If you use NCo 1.0 before, you anyway only used functions, so it shouldn't hurt you too much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to use Custom BAPI of R3, and I can not see any functions under function directory in server explore, could you please tell me why?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to right-click and add some function filter(s). They work similary to the functions-search in NCo 1.0 Proxy Wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any performance difference between 1.0 and 2.0? or is there any advantage using 2.0?

thanks for your prompt answer.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version 2.0 has a bunch of new features. Some of them can be found in the "What's new" section in the online documentation. Performance should be slidely better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to sap world, would you please tell be what does "BOR" stand for in server explore and where I can find .net connector 2.0 redistribute package.

thanks

Message was edited by: Yuwen Li

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BOR is nothing new, it's the so called "Business Object Repository" that groups BAPIs to Bussiness Objects. In SAPGUI the corresponding transaction is "BAPI".

For NCo 2.0 there is not Runtime installer package. Howerver, you can freely distribute your app with the needed NCo runtime INSIDE your company. This is:

SAP.Connector.DLL (install into your app-dir or GAC).

SAP.Connector.Rfc.DLL (install into your app-dir or GAC).

LIBRFC32.DLL (install into your app-dir or System32).

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the meantime I could repro and fix the "crash" problem with Unicode system. If you are interested in a temporary patch, please post an E-mail address where I can sent it to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner, I am having the same problem and am interested in the temporary patch if it is still available. Just out of curiousity, is Microsoft aware of the bug? I find your posts very helpful. Any input is appreciated. Thanks again.