cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Out of the Box" functionality for Handheld Devices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about MI. The SDN network has been a great place to start including the forums and blogs.

What I would like to know is what applications are available for habdheld devices after installation without configuration changes? Our company will be moving from 4.6C to mySAP 2005 next year.

My main 2 items of interest are:

1)Time and Travel. I've been reading that it is available only via a laptop. Is this true, or is it accessible on a PDA also? I could have sworn I read an article in the past about it being accessible via a PDA, but that might have been a 3rd party product.

2) CRM - Opportunity Management. I also read some snippets about having a small database installed on a laptop to run this. Can opportunities be updated directly from a PDA/Blackberry?

If anyone has a listing of other out of the box transactions available on handheld devices, I'd apprecitate it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

1) Time and Travel. Yes, SAP provides ready-to-use solution for Mobile Time Sheets and Travel Expenses for laptops. It's also possible to develop the similar customised application for PDAs. If you have Balckberry device, open the following URL to see how it works on it:

http://idesmobileonline.sap.com/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/Create_Trip/CreateTripApp

2) CRM - Opportunity Management. Access to CRM Opportunity Management is embedded into Mobile Sales application. But as far as I know, you can only display header data about opportunities maintained in your SAP CRM. Mobile client support search of activities by ID, type, description, status, priority, etc, but NOT to update them on your PDA / Blackberry.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Laziz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

MAM (Mobile Asset management) is an application that can be tested via PDA.

According to me any smartsync application can run on PDA but it should be supported.....means.....creame which we use should be compatable to our application..

We have developed customer-hotel scenario based application in smart sync....initially we faced few problems to run the application on PDA..later we found that we need to change few methods that would be compatable to the creame that we use in PDA...So it was running later.....

Its very easy to develop our own Mobile applications using MI.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

To add to what Laziz has told you...

1. Yes, Mobile Time and Travel is currently available only for laptops.

2. SAP Mobile offers 3 versions of Mobile Sales. Here they are in ascending order of functionality offered:

a) <u>xMSA Online.</u> This application is based on Mobile Web dynpro and will run on Blackberries, Windows-based Pocket PCs and a couple Nokia Communicator models. It requires a connection, as it has no local data store and runs in a browser. Functionality is as follows:

- Accounts (business partners): View, Update, Create and Favorites

- Activity/tasks: View, Update, Create

- Opportunities: View, Update, Create (no line items - associated products)

- Sales Order and Contract: View only

- Analytics reporting: View only

b) <u>xMSA for handhelds</u>. Runs on Windows-based devices (no BB support) and Mobile Infrastructure. xMSA HH is an offline app with an local database. It offers the same functionality as xMSA Online, plus...

- Sales Orders: View, Update, Create

- Service Orders and Complaints: Create

- Follow up documents.

- Opportunities still do not have line items and there are no Contract views.

- Factsheets and Survey management.

c) MSA for Laptop. A .NET-based application with full functionality that includes line items for opportunities, pricing and much more. It pretty much enables most of the CRM sales functionalities on laptops with a local database.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more.

Thanks,

Ted