cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net PDK Server Admin's Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm loooking for a good guide for a server admin to use for setting up the environment to use the .Net PDK. We have EP6 sp10 running on Unix, and a .Net development environment on Windows 2000 which hosts existing .Net webs. I've searched around SDN a bit with little luck. Are there any guides which describe what configurations need to be set on the various servers, and discusses concepts such as deployment TO the servers as well as deployment through DEV-QA-PROD systems in those environments?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

The PDK for .NET includes 2 main components:

Portal Add-in for VS2003 & Portal Runtime for MS .NET.

the first one is used for developing portal components. The portal runtime component is used to process .net iView. This component is ran as an NT service on a windows OS of course. As part of the installation of the PDK for .net you must deploy 2 SDA files that enable the communication from the EP to the Portal Runtime for MS .NET component, in order to process .net iView. You can find the whole package in the download section in the .NET interoperability area. If you have farther questions concerning the installation don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy our PDK!

Tsachi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I see in the PDF that came with the installation. Thanks for the help. That is the piece I was missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The biggest thing I'm missing is how does my PAR file created iview link back to where it actually runs. I've created an SAP portal component project in VS.Net, I've created the PAR file, I've deployed it to an EP6 system, created an iview for it (due to other issues I haven't been able to run that iview yet). But the .Net code can't run on the Portal server, and I can't find any documentation talking about settings that would tell the portal server where to link up with the .Net code... or for that matter, any info on how to deploy the .Net side of the component.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe